What if we had discount coupons in Envato Marketplace

Envato marketplace lacks several e-selling features. Like we never get to know who bought our products. I was at this event and I wanted to give a plugin discount for event attendees, guess what we can’t do that as well as there is no other way of doing it.

I also suggested something similar: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/feature-suggest-30-off-referral-link/145314

Race to the bottom.

All of our items are discounted 100% of the time. We don’t need to bring the price any lower.

WebSmacker said

All of our items are discounted 100% of the time. We don’t need to bring the price any lower.

Well said.

Sometimes you need to provide discount to score more sales over a particular event or something. Envato must look in to this.

WPTie said

Sometimes you need to provide discount to score more sales over a particular event or something. Envato must look in to this.

Yes, you could for example sponsor a tech-talk event and everyone at that event gets a flier with 30% discount for your item. This way they will have something extra to gain for attending that talk.

tips4design said
WPTie said

Yes, you could for example sponsor a tech-talk event and everyone at that event gets a flier with 30% discount for your item. This way they will have something extra to gain for attending that talk.

But we cannot give 30% off due to absence of basic eCommerce features at Envato market. Tell me how can I do that, if there is a way?

No discount is needed, all items are already discounted.

Won’t work. If an author gets 70% of an item list price and the buyer gets 30% of the item list price, then there is no money for Envato. Envato needs money to run the market. If the discount came out of the author earnings… maybe. But anyway, the prices are very reasonable to begin with.

dtbaker said

Won’t work. If an author gets 70% of an item list price and the buyer gets 30% of the item list price, then there is no money for Envato. Envato needs money to run the market. If the discount came out of the author earnings… maybe. But anyway, the prices are very reasonable to begin with.

Sometimes all we need is to give 90% discount to a person who brings 10 sales with no discount at all.

discounts on theme price, Are you serious? You mean customers get discount on $11 item? why we are here ? to give away everything for nothing in return. Im sorry but I dont agree on it.

Probably you have some good subject but still i dont agree

Jthemes said

discounts on theme price, Are you serious? You mean customers get discount on $11 item? why we are here ? to give away everything for nothing in return. Im sorry but I dont agree on it.

Probably you have some good subject but still i dont agree

You are thinking like a developer. Think like a marketer. I was selling this plugin it was $19 plugin on my own. On BlackFriday I reduced its price to $1.99 and got 6,300+ sales in one day! That’s about $12k and 6K of potentials clients for my new products. Can’t do that here over Envato.