What dimensions is background for WordPress?

Does you guys know dimensions of background for Wordpress theme? I don’t know is that depend on monitor resolution or there are defined dimensions.

monitor resolution,

although most web sites today design for a width of 1000px. not sure how much longer that will be the case, it depends on monitor screen size preference, I still use a 1024x768 screen (largest screen resolution available on the pc I use) but I am probably not in the majority anymore on this older but not antique laptop.

basically, you want your web page to fill the screen, regardles of its width. the width of most web site pages reflects the overall average preference for screen size. when that increases to 1200 or 1280 then most web sites will be designed for that size of web page. some web sites are set up to display the page and its content differently depending on the screen resolution used. not many do this but I hace seen it.

Al

I am curious to know how to achieve a fullscreen background image. Can you tell us?

al_m473 said

monitor resolution,

although most web sites today design for a width of 1000px. not sure how much longer that will be the case, it depends on monitor screen size preference, I still use a 1024x768 screen (largest screen resolution available on the pc I use) but I am probably not in the majority anymore on this older but not antique laptop.

basically, you want your web page to fill the screen, regardles of its width. the width of most web site pages reflects the overall average preference for screen size. when that increases to 1200 or 1280 then most web sites will be designed for that size of web page. some web sites are set up to display the page and its content differently depending on the screen resolution used. not many do this but I hace seen it.

Al

adon11 said

I am curious to know how to achieve a fullscreen background image. Can you tell us?

First you need to get your image created for big screen eg. for 1900*X have the middle part where you need to be in center and have a bit fade etc or anything you like. Use background position as top center or bottom center or center center and have no repeat. This will have your background to be shown on big screens or small screens in best situation.

I believe Chris had an article on css-tricks about a full background. check that out,

Al

When i create a feature box and select STYLE 1 ICONS, i select the icon i want to use but when i update my website the icon doesnt appear at all… however if i select ICON STYLE 2 then they appear. My problem is that i want to use the ICON STYLE 1 set, please assist?