Hi there good folks in the CodeCanyon forum -
I am about to upload a new product to CodeCanyon called KwikDesk and I would be interested in your comments/feedback on the summary below. What you like, what you don’t like and what you think generally.
Also, whilst I know the price (obviously ) ) what you think it is/would be worth. Thanks in advance
KwikDesk is a self hosted; complete team communication platform comprising real-time:
- Private Messaging
- File share
- Team timeline feed
- and Activity Management.
Who is KwikDesk for?
KwikDesk is for teams of people who work together. These could fall into one of three categories:
- Employees of a business
- Freelancers who work with or subcontract to other businesses
- Freelancers who work with/are working with other Freelancers on a project by project basis.
What does KwikDesk include
KwikDesk is divided into the following (optional) interlinked sections:
- Home - a real-time team timeline feed for sharing updates, interesting articles, team news and any other item that needs to be shared by the whole team.
- Activities – A diary based system for logging and recording activities, tasks and events. Events are automatically fed into the Team timeline feed.
- Chat – A peer to peer and/or peer to many live text based chat platform. Users can also upload and share images and files on peer to peer and/or peer to many basis. Chat is only available between users who are online
- Messages – A peer to peer private messaging system. Again, users can also upload and share images or files but peer to peer. Private messaging is always available
- Email – a users Gmail account can be directly integrated into KwikDesk (user permission required) allowing for reading, sending and receiving emails from the linked Gmail account.
- File management – Similar to Email; a users’ Google Drive can be directly integrated into KwikDesk (user permission required) for reviewing, creating, editing and accessing Google Drive files.
- Invoices – Users can create, review and issue invoices directly from KwikDesk.
- File share – Users can securely upload and share files via specified email addresses to non KwikDesk users.
- Contacts – for recording contact information and making direct contact via email with non-team members. Contacts have no direct access to the users KwikDesk.
- Contact notes– users use contact notes to record a filterable timeline journal of contact e.g. notes on telephone conversations, visits, emails and general notes. With permission a users contact list can be directly integrated into KwikDesk.
- Directory – The ‘team’ represent users who share information within a single KwikDesk.
- Location map – Users can review contact, Team Member and physical locations in real-time. Using go-location online Team Members location is updated every 10 minutes.
Relevant sections are searchable via #hash and @tags for key words and mentions.
Whilst KwikDesk is a self hosted it is offered with 2 database options.
- A KwikDesk database hosted and managed option.
- A self managed database option.
The reason and difference for two database options:
KiwkDesk is built using FireBases’ realtime database, storage and authentication. Authentication can be email/password, via Google, Facebook and/or Twitter. Option 1 - A KwikDesk database hosted and managed is already set up for this. However, OAuth authentication requires ‘set’ callback page URL’s so the self managed database option would require the user to either pre-register their URL (in my mind not suitable) or create a new firebase project together with the necessary Facebook, Twitterm & Google Apps. Based on comments read in these forums it is possible that a purchaser may not have the necessary ability/knowledge in these areas - no offence meant.
KwikDesk Optional extras.
Facebook, Twitter and gPlus
Users can integrate their Facebook, Twitter and gPlus feeds directly into their Home feed. These feeds are specific to each individual user and are not shared across the KwikDesk. Integration also allows a user to publish to the integrated Facebook, Twitter or gPlus page.
Note: Requires access to STURN & TURN servers - there may be an additional cost here
Each user can create a dedicated ‘always live’ video conferencing page allowing for receiving and making peer to peer video and audio calls. A users’ video conferencing page is a dedicated URL that can be accessible by Contacts and Team Members without direct access to the users KwikDesk.
Note: Dependent upon SMS carrier, There may be an additional cost here
In addition to email, chat and private messaging KwikDesk owners can opt to allow for SMS messaging to Contacts and Team Members
That’s about it anyhow, as I said, thanks in advance for any comments/thoughts.