We're removing Envato Credits from Market

Agree with everything you just wrote. Also been a loyal customer for many years as well, and likely spent well over $10,000 CDN on everythig from WP plug-ins to audio to AE templates. Every single one of my hundreds of purchases I’ve used with credits I bought. I almost always reloaded $200 USD and then would use it until I ran out. The $2 [$2.40 CDN] fee I will now be charged with every single purchase amounts to about an 8% increase across the board. It would be really nice if Envato would explain their rationale for making this change. And not the smoke they’re blowing up our butts when they say that almost all transactions were purchased individually vs with our Envato credits.

And am I right in thinking that I won’t be able to apply any future sales revenue from our 2 stock footage clips to purchases? If so, that seems like a VERY shady change. But I may be wrong about that. I hope I am.

12 Likes

You can still use your author earnings to make purchases;

With Collector Level 6 and 7 years of membership, I don’t agree with your decision. For each purchase I need to pay a fee? That’s not fair Envato! Please change it.

7 Likes

No. You simply add all selected items to cart :slight_smile: do not buy using BUY NOW. Buy using CART

We’re removing Envato from our market choices. :wink:

6 Likes

Thousands of dollars spent here by this small time filmmaker. $2 per transaction ain’t gonna cut it for me. I’ll most likely be shopping elsewhere from now on and that’s a damn shame.

2 Likes

This move is so tonedeaf. I’ve been using Envato for over 6 years, spent thousands of dollars here and every single purchase I’ve made has been through credits. Why? Because I don’t want to pay a $2 “processing fee” each time. I buy stuff as I need them, not in bulk.

I was about to purchase a track, but I know I might be buying more stuff soon, so I’m going to wait until I find everything I want which will be in a few weeks. I’ve always used envato for it’s convenience and selection, but now I’m going to be looking at other options for the first time. The worst part of that is I like supporting some of the awesome creators on envato who make very high quality content.

6 Likes

Your competitors don’t charge the extra fees for transactions, as a paying customer, you should reconsider.

2 Likes

i like the doposit system, so i can upload $200 in funds to cover 8+ items at once, now I will have to buy 8 individual items at the extra fee, so i will be spending $240 for every $200 in items

1 Like

Getting rid of the credit system is the worst idea. The only other options are full of fees, and each purchase will require at least one fee. HORRIBLE. What other platform is available that is similar? Google, help me out here because I am unhappy with this decision. Starting to look for Envato competitors today.

3 Likes

I realize there will be some strong opinions on this, but please remember to keep the discussion civil and on-topic. You may not be happy but remember our community rules about how to have a critical yet reasonable discussion:

We value and preserve the right to be critical on our forums, but that criticism must:

• Be directed at ideas, never people or groups.
    and
  • Be delivered in a way that endeavours to be respectful and constructive.

Thanks!

5 Likes

how about no fee, they make descent money and accounting is an expense of every business, 2 million customers and they can’t afford it? what…

1 Like

Then you have to be civil with your profit. I have purchased over 220 items, worth thousands of dollars and all I see is more and more extra charges. Envato is a great place to buy with great authors and producing great software. I don’t have a problem paying my dues but now it’s about greed and this where businesses begin to fail. Are you not making enough money already? When will it stop? You can take this constructively or kick me off.
Sincerely,
Connect

7 Likes

Not necessarily! Envato has a shopping cart system in place. Remember, the handling fee is only per-checkout, not really per-item. This means you can add many items to your cart and buy them all at once, and only pay one handling fee.

3 Likes

Hello Envato, it finally respects that your customers want the credit system back! What do you really gain by that?
It is an excuse or your inability! A credit system is pretty much the most comfortable solution for everyone involved, and you benefit most from Envato itself because you receive prepayments and interest-free ones. It costs you neither effort nor large resources. So if you’re arguing that it’s too time-consuming, that’s just not true!
So do yourself a favor and unlock the credit system. You have zero disadvantages, but many thankful customers. Remember, it’s not your market, not your business - it’s your customers’ market and these are authors and buyers at the same time. You are nothing without them! So be grateful and switch it back.

Maybe we are just a small fish, but one of the regular hangs on the hook! We spend an average of $ 1200 a year for 8 years. Alone 80 themes and over 300 plugins for WP, which are already over 12,500 dollars.
The customer is king and one should give in to his wishes.

Believe me: Platform Capitalism has no chance in the long run. Customers want to be able to decide for themselves. And they will be last but not least.

7 Likes

One of the reasons may be a decision to pay out less affiliate commissions, as these were previously counted as 30% of initial deposit to Envato Credits.

Have a feeling that there won’t be any more official Envato replies in the topic:)

3 Likes

No matter how you spin it, nice or bad language, this is pure greed and nickle and dimming at its finest. Being from Canada the exchange rate to US already hurts bad.I will only come here as a last option now from being the first,your betting on people forgetting and this blowing over, but I don’t go to Niagara Falls anymore cause of this same BS. it sucks for the hard working men and women you profit from on here. How about a $200 a year for unlimited tunes.

5 Likes

Stupid. I find music one project at a time

4 Likes

I read that Envato have around 2 million customers overall, correct me if I´m wrong. Lets assume 1% of these have used Credits, that equals 20 000 customers. Lets assume Credits use is as high as 5%, that equals 100 000 customers. Maybe the percent is higher, I don´t know. Whatever the overall percent is, I think we have to acknowledge that there is a huge number of customers affected in this change.

I´m pretty sure (after reading customer feedback here) that there are very clear reasons for why a lot of customers have chosen to use Credits. Some have reported that they have their boss in charge of filling up the credit account and multiple freelancers are connected using one account. So that means getting an exact number for how many customers that are impacted is quite hard.

There are already 154 users in this thread, I don´t know how many are customers versus authors, my impression is that customers are starting to dominate this thread lately. The minority are ironically becoming the majority here. Credit customers here are 100% negative to this change. So the question really is, how much more market research do you need dear Envato?

We all make mistakes, but eventually it´s all about how you deal with your mistakes and move forward that counts the most. We are many authors who sympathise with the customers and we thank you all for raising your voices.

4 Likes

What is this bad idea ?? Give me my envato credits ! if not…

2 Likes