We're removing Envato Credits from Market

Yes this looks really fishy

5 Likes

wondering why isn’t anyone from envato respoding to authors comments/question?

11 Likes

I think, you should remove extra $2 fee, too.

15 Likes

They’re all tucked up in bed getting their beauty sleep.

4 Likes

@jamesgiroux will there be posibility to pay for item with author earnings?

Sure it’s really bad decision for buyers.
I don’t understand why I have to pay extra $2 for each payment because of this unacceptable changes.

9 Likes

Is there a way to extend support for terms longer than 6 mos then, or a way to add multiple renewals to a transaction?

I am a long-time credit user and very disappointed with this change. I means a lot more fees and a lot more paperwork to deal with for business clients.

1 Like

Removing the credit system is a shame. The way billing works with my company, it looks as if I’ll no longer be using Envato after my credits expire. Bummer.

6 Likes

Would be lovely to get rid of it, otherwise, there will be massive sales drops from customers that used credits…

7 Likes

I concur.

2 Likes

I literally have $200 I was going to spend today on credits, but because of your poorly-thought out policy, I will go elsewhere. Bummer. I have been a long-time user, particularly because I can get my accounting department to just make a once-in-a-while big deposit and then spend it down on an as-needed basis.

This change means lots of ticky-tacky invoices, for just a few bucks each, that will not fly with my company. I hope you come to your senses and change it back. Otherwise, I’m out.

17 Likes

:heart:

12 Likes

This change is not good at all.
Why do I have to use a credit card for every purchase?
This is a big problem when I get as a company.
The loan application was much better.
Using a credit card will be a lot of trouble.

4 Likes

I agree with you.
This is the wrong application.
Should go back to old.
As a company, we will be in a difficult situation.

3 Likes

Out of interest @dshough (and indeed all other customers unhappy with this change) does the subscription model offered through Elements have any appeal for you now buying credits is no longer an option. And if not why not?

I ask because it’s hard not to feel that this move is intended to push people towards Elements.

2 Likes

I feel the same

If it is intended that way, making a move that make the customers an hard time so they move to the other alternative I don´t think it´s a good idea.

Serious question. Are you planing anytime soon to introduce anything new that will actually benefit authors?

31 Likes

Sorry But I dont understand Where I suppose to add funds to my account in order to be able to buy an item license ?
Could anybody give me the link to where i can do this.

Just click on ‘add to cart’ on the item page, and then ‘go to checkout’… or just on ‘buy now’.

1 Like