Welcome to the New Forums!

Confusing, to much unnecessary information, too much colors and what the heck is community meta, creative, rooftop, shop talk…When i browsing or trying to, i’m not sure where am i and what am i looking at.
Also, am sure i’ve seen somewhere, one can delete it’s own post, or i just wanted to see it?
"There are 162 replies with an estimated read time of 11 minutes"
Is this really necessary?
EDIT : Yes…when i click at “show more”, there’s delete button.

First of all Happy birthday Envato and hope you have many, many successful years ahead!

While i don’t really want to complain about the forums, most likely i’ll get used to them soon, i do have some opinions and feedback on my first reactions and UX:

• I think the colored tags are misplaced. For me they’re jamming the titles and overall layout too much. We’re used to big thread tiles which were very good to read. Keeping things simpler could be better while the extra tags could appear only on hover maybe.

• Overall typography improvements. Many things are unintuitive and need hovering with tooltips.

Anyway this is v0.0.1 public release and i’m sure the forums will keep constantly improving.

2 Likes

Bad changes:( Especially for not english-speakers authors…

Awesome job guys :blush:

Hey! Just a suggestion, if possible, please increase the spacing among threads for improved readability. A bit confusing atm.

Edit: We can also remove the “views” column, limit users to 2/3 & increase size of the thread titles a bit.

1 Like

I don’t like it either,probably needs time to get used to it.
I’m on large screen and 14px paragraph with 19px line height just don’t play well.

it’s too busy!

I’ve been using themeforest from 4 years, this is a total mess, I’m not interested in what’s going on in other marketplaces, I’ve read more than 10 threads from other marketplaces.

Some features are good but please separate the forums for each marketplace, this is very confusing.

1 Like

awesome!!! thank a lot

I don’t like the new forum and the new badges too.

1. Forum: New user can not post image in reply: well, it’s just an image. Why not?
  2. New badges: they look the some to each other. The old badges: each badge has its own unique feature so it’s easy to recongnize.
2 Likes

Oh man…although changes should be positive, for me the forum change is a downer. On paper " one community-one forum" sounds right but for me, an AJ member, all the interesting posts are nowhere to be found. I used to have a shortcut on my phone to the aj marketplace forum and enjoyed all threads concerning music. Now all is mixed in one big forum.

• the layout is ok but please think about:

-making it possible to navigate/filter by marketplace.

I’m lost here :smile:

3 Likes

There is a tag for each marketplace, you can read or write in a specific area or all of them :ghost:

The Most immediate changes we need…:

1-Author Avatars should link to their profile.

2-We should have marketplace links on top of the forums pages.

3-Please also make the mainForumThreads (by providing a CLEAR link to them) obvious to the eye of newcomers > with the current structure, a forum thread is just like the Bermudan Triangle where you can enter but can’t “exit”- For example, I am now in the thread “Welcome to the new forums” thread, but where to see all of the other threads (I know the answer, but it’s frustrating for newbies)

4- And if possible, let’s get old forums back as a quick solution.

A NOTE TO “New Forum Lovers”: Please wear the shoes of a new member of an Envato Marketplace who’s coming to “new forum” pages very first time. What would you think?

4 Likes

wowzers, huge change, totally lost :frowning:

1 Like

i Really HATE this ugly horrible new forum…

I mean Come ON, envato, why are you messing up like this? stop all these new awful decisions already.

5 Likes

There’s a lot they can still do with these new forums. They’re way more flexible and I’m sure they’ll be making a few tweaks here and there to make it seem more like home. I actually really like these new forums, though I’d like to see different sections for each marketplace and links to the marketplaces - the forums need to be integrated back into the original site. Right now they feel very isolated.

The badges, on the other hand… I really wish they’d have kept the old ones. Unfortunately it looks like the new ones are here to stay, so I really hope they modify the new ones to make them a little less boring and cheap looking. The seller paw badges are all the same colour now!? Featured author and file badges look ugly and uninteresting to look at, and the colour choice eludes me. They’re also getting too big!

You guys should get rid of the underscores on names and tags. It’s well documented that underscores are ugly. :blush:

When you open the forums, it might be better if it opens in a new tab? We don’t want people to leave the markets behind so easily. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Overall, far from an acceptible userExperience.

I think these forums are going to be great once we’ve settled in and the kinks have been ironed out.

2 Likes

I agree. Remember it’s only day 2, people! Hang in there and I’m sure the forums will improve with time. :smiley:

1 Like

You will use the product that you do not understand or are you annoyed?
The first impression of the product affect your assessment. It’s like go to the grocery store and see the display of different goods, from diapers to to tractors. And somewhere far may be you will see a display of food. I am disappointed with the presentation of the forum.

2 Likes