Welcome to the New Forums!

Well, thanks very much for this post @MindTransmission , it’s very important.
Because your post shows how our precious members are willing to find author profiles on marketplaces by using forums, even giving their precious time to type “marketplaceName.net/user/username” to their browsers, even though they don’t have to.

BUT we are (Envato) still doing our very best to HIDE AUTHOR PROFILES and Marketplace links from members and future customers.

Really, really sad ; and I am having a hard time to understand the situation.
Why?

1 Like

On this forum simply cut off from market Envato. If the creators may not want to show my profile, I will not do it on principle. I’m going to go back now and only then, when I will be comfortable here communicate. Bye.

2 Likes

In my opinion, the changes should be made slowly, here and was made a change too drastic, that only brings confusion

1 Like

Thanks for the work Team Envato! :slight_smile:

Perhaps it will be improved in time. I hope it will be improved in time. Unfortunately some of the features we need will never be implemented because of this “forum” platform upon is based.

Yes, me too, why the envato Team did this ugly mashup forum, as a themeforest author I can not see posts related to me.
All are dumping and creating too much confusing.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of the new forums, and I appreciate the notion of unifying all the marketplaces, but I think this was taken a bit too far. Instead of feeling part of my community, I now feel isolated from my fellow AJ friends and surrounded by topics and posts that are unfamiliar and irrelevant to me. I can say the same for authors of other marketplaces who are surrounded by AudioJungle threads that are completely irrelevant to them. Right now everything feels a little messy and unorganised - sure the tag system is a good idea in theory, but put in practise I think we can all agree that it’s not such a good idea given the sheer amount of incoming posts and threads. I think we should have subforums, and for those who like to interact with the global community, an “all marketplace” subforum would be great.

Additionally, it would be great to have links to all marketplaces on the header and links in users’ avatars that take you to their marketplace profile page.

4 Likes

sometimes new stuff is just different, so takes awhile to get used to…other times new stuff is just awful! Sorry, guys, this new forum is just awful! Hard Reject!

1 Like

And also…:

It’s all about “RELEVANCY” when it comes to the user interaction on a forum, and if a member clicks on an author’s avatar AT THIS SECTION of the forums (please check the image below), it’s just to reach to the author’s very last comment on the specific forum thread, NOT to see their profile details.

UserExperience has flawed badly once again.
I surprisingly saw this behavior just few minutes ago and it was very annoying.
If a user clicks on an author’s avatar on THAT SECTION, it obviously means that they want to see the author’s last comment.

The current structure also opens the door for ABUSE, adding “so called” comments for just to be visible on the main forums page with their profile information and links (when clicked).

Other than the section I stated below, author avatars should always directly link to their profile on marketplaces.

2 Likes

Well… as most do here i really appreciate the effort and time of creating such a big new feature such as a new forum.
But in all honesty, i have never felt so disconnected from the envato community as i do right now. I really try to keep up with new posts and who is who, but there are things missing the old simpler forum had that really keeps me in touch with authors and envato.

Change is good, but in this case im not so sure yet sorry… with all due respect.

What is great however, is the fact that the website seems to be working full force again (either the DDOS attacks stopped, or envato created a great workaround). that is great!

5 Likes

If I was a reviewer I should have HARD REJECTED this new forum design and usability.

5 Likes

New functionality is awesome, but do bring the old look back. It was perfect, cant you see it?

1 Like

Avatar’s form is fixed now to original, it’s right. Sorry for being nagging, but what about location flag badge? The settings of marketplace profile are to choose show it or not and what to choose (I’ve seen some Antarctida located). And here we see it openly always despite from user’s choice, зачем? WHY!

(edit: tested the postbox for cyrillic and it’s supported, wow! :smiley: )

1 Like

I hope my reply will improve the conversation in some way (like it’s said in the yellow popup) and Envato Staff will notice this massive discontent about the new forum.
This is a regression in the forum usability and look. Simple and User-Friendly is always the best. In my opinion this is the worst forum i used for a long time.

To be honest, i wrote this comment and i will not come back to the forum… Too messy and i don’t like it. And i don’t like the fact that it’s another website and i have to sign in a second time…

Envato normally doing great stuff and are foward thinking… but this time ??? hmmm…

2 Likes

This is really Nice :blush:

Custom Forum Title for Elite Authors… Where is that now :blush: ?

Envato the new community very good :+1: :grinning:

So I’m reading David Byrne’s How Music Works and I suddenly realize KingDog’s gif is from Talking Heads “Stop Making Sense.” Lol, draw your own conclusions.

Sorry guys but how to see all pinned threads?
Should be better to est them as sticky on top though

Awesome Job!