Welcome to the New Forums!

Wow, I’ve got to go back to the theme review process and if this was uploaded it would surely be a hard reject. Its a mess of links, icons, text, it took me literally a minute or so of scrolling around the page just to find the main Replay button. Not to mention the header with no links back to marketplaces, c’mon that’s a no brainer.

The Forums need some serious UI/UX work.

2 Likes

I have to say that the transition is a rough one. Old threads from the forums are gone? No clear delineation between marketplaces, renaming of all categories and lack of guidance for the end user are the things we all brought up as concerns in the Beta testing period. I’m really, truly surprised to see that no changes were made. It’s really sad that all those great threads from the old forums are gone and that we are starting over again with stats, etc. Just the removal of post counts under a person’s avatar affects how someone is perceived. (Hunting this down in someone’s profile information breaks continuity.) Surely years of engagement and participation count in the community, so why is everyone having to re-establish themselves, not to mention recreate threads unnecessarily? And having to create a whole new profile here, when we already have one made for Envato? It just erased years of activity, resources, connections…It’s a shame. Of course, there is the issue of the forums now being disconnected from the marketplaces entirely. Again, a big break in continuity. We put a lot into the forums over the years, tying it to specific items in the marketplaces, etc and just seeing this live now it feels like there is a certain level of chaos and that our beta testing fears were correct.

The only thread of mine brought over from the old forums is missing over a year of replies, showing the last reply being from February of 2014. Can’t even count all of the multiple posts created by people who are uncertain about how things work. At the very least, there needs to be more guidance on the surface. But, truly, if it needs that much explanation, perhaps it isn’t intuitive enough for a global community. It needs to be readily accessibly and understood by the average user. I appreciate all of the cool features the dev team wants to share with us, they are all really great! How it is being presented is the common theme in all the complaints I’m seeing thus far.

I bet there would be zero pushback if the original navigation/naming were left in place and all of the new features implemented.

Looks like it’s all created a bit of a mess. Hope it all gets sorted quickly.

2 Likes

This is how the forums should look like in my opinion:

:smiley:

3 Likes

This is really wonderfull

Meh… It’s probably a lot better in terms of UX, but first impression of UI is: Terrible!

2 Likes

How tired I am.
What would I need to find a theme I (attention!) climbed into the browser history. The only way I could find the theme of “birthday Offer”. After updating the previews for the package that goes on shares I get my old price without discount 50%. This already shows how others work. I’m not happy and very angry! When this mess is over?!!!

Seriously? I’m on Envato Marketplaces and the easiest way to see someones portfolio on the Market is to highlight their name and search it with Google.

It’s just dissapointing, new forums are now live for few days and before a line of code changes it will be months.

2 Likes

Hi friends, can anyone tell if we will have the marketplace LINKS on top of the forums?
(sorry for the alignment, I was in a hurry)

3 Likes

Also as a suggestion, I think it should be somehow visible when someone who posts is a staff member.

1 Like

It’s been a week and still no links to marketplaces, and the only way to link to your author profile is to individually add the link in your forum profile and hope that the user notices it when clicking on your thumbnail… Crazy.

I love these marketplaces and usually Envato seem to think things through carefully and seek feedback from the community, but I’m not convinced this time. I mean, links to marketplaces should be the number one priority, surely a no-brainer.

2 Likes

I used to love coming on the forums. Now not so much anymore. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

This is why we should have the badges back under the avatar :slight_smile: Looking for someone only from Romania near Calarasi for creating themes

The BIG Problem I see is that it takes more time to select the Category “Video” for Videohive and then clicking through each sub-forum.
When I click on Forums on Videohive I only want to see the Videohive Forums.
and it would be nice if everything was embeded like the old Forums.
Now we’re being redirected to another site which doesn’t feel like videohive or the other marketplaces.
als I want to see the Users Profile when i click on their name not the
"Members Forum Profile"
I like the new options liking etc. but please change the structure of the forum and the integration with videohive etc.

1 Like

It would be good to have an equivalent of the old “your threads” section. Right now threads that you’ve posted in before aren’t highlighted at all.

It’s nice to see you trying something new but this seems like a big step in the wrong direction.

You’ve gone from a simple structured discussion forum to a very messy user interface. Simple things like skipping to the last post in a discussion shouldn’t involve having to scroll down loading all the new posts until I get to the end. I wanted to reply to this post and had to scroll down and down right to the end to find the reply button.

The front page of the forums is cluttered with the post titles, the most important part, getting lost. Who cares which users are active in a thread or how many views it’s had? What’s the ‘rooftop’ category?

I’ve got to agree with the numerous posts questioning whether or not this would have passed your own standards for becoming a marketplace item.

2 Likes

Agree on many points, but for scrolling to the end, just use the End key on your keyboard… likewise Home to get to the top, or you can click on the little blue box at the bottom right of the thread where it says X / 257

1 Like

Gotcha, I can see that now :slight_smile: but It’s kinda my point, though, in that a user shouldn’t be left guessing.

Absolutely - Do they HAVE TO know all of this? More importantly, do they have to ask, “hey how can I go to the last comment of a thread” ? I mean, should “Let’s click the HOME key to reach the first comment, let’s click on the END key to reach the last one” really be the answer? (@felt_tips , this was not for you and thanks for the tip) - Really? Do new members have to see this comment to know what they should do?

This forum structure is a big fault, and it can be a lesson on “UserExperience” in Universities to let students know what they should NOT do while creating any webDesign project.

This is not a forum, this is like an exam for members, especially for new members.
And we still don’t have the links to marketplaces.

2 Likes

Here’s an idea… why not make it compulsory to add at least one tag to new topics? As of now, many posts “evade” proper tag filtering by not having any tags at all. Intended or not, this leads to either some posts being missed by those who often use the tag URL (e.g. https://forums.envato.com/tags/audio), or worse, having to scroll through untagged topics just to see what it’s about. And maybe add the tag “other” or “miscellaneous” for topics not relevant to existing tags.

On a related note, a thing from the old forum that worked well I think was the ability to see “where” a poster came from. (It said “from AudioJungle” or something like that). Information is useful :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I just want to suggest that everyone please add a link to your marketplace profile/portfolio on your forum user card or whatever that pop-up window is called that appears when one clicks on a forum avatar.

One thing I often do (and I’m sure I’m not the only one) is check out someone’s portfolio after reading a message they posted on the forum and that can get tricky now with this new forum setup.

I just had trouble finding someone’s portfolio because their forum name didn’t have an underscore at the beginning, but their marketplace profile did, so manually typing the name in my address bar “audio jungle.net/user/username” didn’t even work and I had to resort to a Google search to find it (only after finding the profile on Google did I realize the underscore issue).