Welcome to the New Forums!

I want to combine all the athletes in one community. You should have: snowboard, ball, dumbbells, spear, fins, gun, mask to protect the face and definitely chess. I’ll try to combine it all into one discipline. If I survive I’ll tell my feelings :joy:

1 Like

What does “Trust level” mean?
Why special community profiles are needed?
Is this some new game separated from the marketplaces?

(And ???*1000 else)

edit: found about trust levels https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924

Navigation is Awful !!! i think this is first forum with infinity scoll which is not so good, no, which is really bad

1 Like

Wow, so I can upload images straight from my pc without using an external hosting service!

@sam_saffron the keyboard shortcuts is a really great feature!

1 Like

Just a little feedback about tags, as other users said, the ability to mute tags in our preferences would be really great, so we only see what we are interested in.

If possible add an extra tag “Untagged” to display untagged threads only.

Edit: Oops sorry, maybe it’s already possible to mute tags?! I’m trying now, let’s see how it works

2 Likes

Can’t find “Free File of the Month Nomination” threads. Will they be created again?

We’re still looking at a better way to handle free file submissions. We may go back to forum posts or we may try something different :slight_smile:

1 Like

New forum, I at first glance, I did not like, but now understand it, and I like it. Very user-friendly forum! :smile:

1 Like

But is there a manual how to use the forum? For me, everything is poorly understood, maybe manual would change my opinion. Or do I have to examine everything himself and look for hidden opportunities? Maybe the author of this invention will record video manual and present it to the users?

The FAQ has some helpful tips.

How can I open a user’s marketplace profile directly from forums?

Being a new member, I never experienced the old forums. However, I love the look of this new system. Very streamlined and the simple layout makes it easy for me to keep track of everything. I look forward to seeing how this plays out over time. :smile:

Good question - You should be able to , but unfortunately you can’t. We need this feature immediately. You can also check other suggestions by fellow authors from previous comments on this forum thread.

You can insert a link to your portfolio and profile in your preferences in the “About Me” text field, so when someone clicks your username they will see your links in the user card… check mine!

I expect some extra Likes for this tip :cow:

1 Like

Two things i miss from the old forum are:

1. See user badges next to their avatar - i like to know if the person talking is an established author, what they have achieved, if they are a mod / envato staff, etc.

2. Last reply by on the forum topic lists. I was sometimes opening a thread just because i saw that one interesting author had posted the last reply. I think it was adding some value / context to a thread.

Any chance these will be re-implemented?

3 Likes

Agree with the second one. The first one, you can just click the avatar to see some info and badges. Kinda keeps it cleaner that way I guess.

Happy Birthday! and congrats on the new forums :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

It’s too early to tell but I’d love to see how much the traffic / use of forums change with the update compared to before.

P.s I loved the old ones but some of the features here are epic!

1 Like

I am sure this reply is similar to others, I am writing this down in order to indicate some disadvantages which i am sure they are already under consideration.

Top Frame:
As many people pointed out, the current top frame is a great disadvantage. Potential customers might get confused. So it is very important to implement the navigation and perhaps balance back, I am sure everyone agrees with that.

Tags:
Also important to filter tags.