website newbie

I am very new to website creation (bear with me). If i purchase a theme, is it as easy as inputting my content and launch away?.

Hi

Welcome to Envato Forum.
If you are familiar with wordpress then you can mange your website content easily. When you will purchase a theme you will get 6 month suport form the theme Author for any technical query about the theme. Also most theme has a features to one click demo import. So, if you choose any demo for your website to look like then you can import that demo and from there you can edit and custmoize the content with your website real content.

Thanks

Ok. I’ve never used WordPress. However, I’m prepared to learn and develop

If you are prepared to learn and develop it would take some time but you’ll be able to launch your website. There are lots of tutorials available online if you run into any issues.

Thanks

How do I contact the author of the theme I have purchased?

How to contact an author:

I have received an error message when uploading a theme i just purchased. Please assist

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed.

this is the error message

Hi

First thing please confirm that you have purchased WordPress theme or not. If you purchased WordPress theme and can’t install then please check the following:

You have to download the Item from your Envato Dashboard Downloads then have to unzip and you will see a .zip file name with matching your theme name. You have to install that themename .zip file.

you can check this helpful article stylesheet error

Also you can unzip your purchased download and check the theme documentation hopefully you will get necessary support in documentation how to install and all necessary help. If you have still problem with the theme then The best way to get the support is Contact your purchased Theme Author.
Contact Author because Item Author are best expert about their Item functionality.

Thanks

Thanks much.