we need a Copyright infringement reporting button

I am a buyer only here… the other day I was trying to remember the name of a template I was considering buying and I put a couple of keywords that i vaguely remembered into google… normally i would search envato markets/themeforest… but for whatever reason i used google (lack of sleep probably)…

I saw several sites in the results… a few feeder sites… but also sites that were giving templates/scripts from here and other similar creative market sites away as free downloads… now i am aware of the warez/free software culture, but I am now going to check these before i buy any templates/scripts because the sales of each item is something i consider when buying… in other words the higher the sales, the more likely that the template will appear on multiple web sites… this has worked out fine for a few years now… but when i see some that i have bought being made as free downloads… then the level of ‘exclusivity’ diminishes dramatically… I imagine there will be thousands more sites using the stolen templates than I was expecting from looking at the envato sales…

I saw one site that even had the cheek to claim they were compliant with the DMCA with a page dedicated to advising how to lodge a claim… but still allowing multiple items to be downloaded that are clearly in breach ongoing…

This may sound naive, but I have been involved in fighting copyright infringement in the music industry for decades… what my point here is… is there some place obvious that Envato has for reporting and dealing with the stolen items? I find it hard to believe that they are not aware of the sites I saw… but still these seem to have been around for some time, in some cases…

I suppose it’s only a small % of the vast number of items here… but I think there should be a giant button in every buyers account or next to each item where it’s possible for people to report any sites that may be infringing copyrights… and screwing it up for the authors and buyers here who live honourably… I mean… if you have to steal something that is priced generally around $20, even up to $50, then you are not having a great life in the first place I guess… or you are a grub.

I understand all the difficulties associated with these issues… but still, having noticed in passing that some people here get mentions for assisting with copyright infringement, it could be made a whole lot more obvious so that everyone has an easy way to report. we don;t need medals and accolades… just get rid of the parasites.

Now i see why many of the items i bought may have been removed as downloads… I guess once your work appears on one of these free sites you won’t be selling too many more…