we cant use officialpsds.com files ?

I posted a flyer a couple days ago, and it was soft rejected for containing assets from officialPSDs.com, !!

the reviewer told me that I’m not the only one receiving this message… but soon enough they’ll ask existing flyers with assets from officialpsds.com to remove them !!! which will render some designs useless like [Link Removed by Mod - Please avoid pointing out single items] which is fully based on the disco ball, that is taken from officialPSDs.com … and this just a simple example i quickly found…

which i think will affect more than %50 of all flyers on GR…

i honestly think that support are being too strict with designers on copyright issues, when its something that we are responsible of… but when a warez site posts our files for free, we send a support ticket… and all we get is an automated response that informs us that we should file a complaint by our selves!!!

i actually think that this is unfair to most authors…

pixelsnow said

I actually do design most of my assets, but sometimes i need some extra stuff that would need a professional photography studio to shoot, so i go to sites like official psds…

saltshaker911 said

I actually do design most of my assets, but sometimes i need some extra stuff that would need a professional photography to shoot, so i go to sites like official psds…

Since it’s just some extra stuff why not buy extended licenses? (that’s much safer)

But the problem I see with most flyers here is that they are mostly just elements (from outside) assembled together and then priced at $6??

True, sometimes i buy extended licenses of photos that i think i’ll use in more than one flyer… but it was just a good thing to have official psds as an option, since sometimes you would find elements on officialpsds that are hard to find on a stock photos site…

Just message the authors that share their PSDs on OfficialPSDs, and ask for permission…that should do it.

To be honest I don’t see the problem with this and think Graphic River are right for doing this, if any extra items are needed in a design then like someone else mentioned why not get onto a website like fotolia or istockphoto and purchase some extended licenses because in the long run its much safer for you and a lot more professional. Also by doing this it will push designers to be more creative with their work.

@EliIsakov, thanks for the tip, just messaged the authors…

@JeromeCollinge i think you are right… i usually do my assets on 3ds max, and sometime i buy extended licenses of stock photos, so maybe i should not rely on psd sites that much…

EliIsakov said

Just message the authors that share their PSDs on OfficialPSDs, and ask for permission…that should do it.

99.9999999999% of the time, it isn’t theirs to upload.

99.99% agreed…but if they give you permission to use it, at-least we got that in hand to proove to the Envato Staff that we asked for permission. Wheter they uploaded withour permission it isn’t our faults that much. :slight_smile: Also what I do is, I have a team of photographers, so I use their images and isolate some of the required stuff that I do need. Also I will most likely be sharing lots of resources on my site (sorry no self promotion meant) that authors can freely use without…all this problem. :slight_smile:

quickandeasy said
EliIsakov said

99.9999999999% of the time, it isn’t theirs to upload.

EliIsakov said

Wheter they uploaded withour permission it isn’t our faults that much. :slight_smile:

Actually, it is.

You are responsible for the assets that you use.

Think of it like handling stolen goods and selling them on. You get in trouble for selling stolen goods, even though it was some bloke who gave it to you down the pub ‘without you knowing’.

come to think of it you’re right ;).

Oh well…gotta approach it much safer next time. Anyway, I will keep you guys updated when I have set up a new (resource/or my existing) site…so you guys can get the resources free.

quickandeasy said
EliIsakov said

Wheter they uploaded withour permission it isn’t our faults that much. :slight_smile:

Actually, it is.

You are responsible for the assets that you use.

Think of it like handling stolen goods and selling them on. You get in trouble for selling stolen goods, even though it was some bloke who gave it to you down the pub ‘without you knowing’.

i think you made a good point Adam…

but now this means that graphic river admins should remove every flyer with an asset from officialpsds… and i know that almost %35 of flyers either have this famous disco ball http://officialpsds.com/Discoball-High-Res-PSD62831.html or this speaker http://www.officialpsds.com/speaker-2-PSD42324.html

or is it that the authors who already posted a flyer that includes such assets, actually got away with it ?

should we not use officalpsd any more?

If we can not use officialPSD, it will make it more of a challenge for designers to come up with their own assets which is good but like Saltshaker said sometimes you may need something from officialpsd.

I also think if they remove flyers that contain elements from officalpsd this will remove many flyers since i have seen many authors who have used officialpsd one way or another. Will not be good for many authors.(sales and times)

i am working on new flyers so my question again is should we not use officalpsd any more?

What to do? Can not be easy to make money! You need experience, education and time, so maybe drip some money?! I always use photos from fotodune, so it is safer and does not think too much.
Regards!

To be honest its only fair that they do this, earlier today I seen a post about somebody doing something that allowed people to get free items from graphic river and designers being upset/angry that their hard work and effort was being stolen but isn’t it the same case for designers taking images from officialpsds and using them in their own work, I mean at the end of the day a photographer has gone to a lot of effort to photograph them so don’t they deserve the same right as us designers to be paid for their hard work and effort. Buy a license, if you want to make money you have to spend money or step your knowledge game up and learn how to create your own assets. That’s how I see it anyway :slight_smile: if somebody was taking my work whether it be a design or photograph and somehow making some cash from it I would sure be annoyed and upset.

quickandeasy said

Does it seem stupid (even tho it’s like it today) only to me?

not using official psds…
is that the reason more of the designs have become boring ?
lately i can go threw a whole front page an not find 1 item to use (flyer)
sometime the buyer(me) wants exactly whats on the flyer (models)
i dont wanna pay for a pic of a model to achieve the same feel

Ok so you guys all know…I’ve worked with a couple of people…photographers, and isolators (including me)…so a new site should be up an running by the mid of june, for Flyer designers, or anything else…we will provide you guys with free resources including (models,stocks,isolated speakers,microphones,disco balls, stars, palm trees, etc…basically everything to get a flyer going)…we’re currently in the works of deciding wheter we should let everyone in to download the resources or make it a private forum/blog, where only registered can download it, and enjoy it.

Thanks everyone,

Eli Isakov.

If you’re interested in contributing resources, get in touch with me on skype: NovruzeliHuseynov