WaveToys goes elite!

Well, this finally happened. It was a long and tough journey, but I got my shiny elite badge :smiley:

I would like to thank Envato for making possible for me to live comfortably from what I truly love doing, this place has really changed my life and I cannot imagine going back to “regular” job ever again.

For the first 2 years here I was earning mostly 10-30$ a month and I really don’t know what kept me going on at that time, but I’m glad I did not quit. :slight_smile:

I would also like to thank authors that inspired me on this journey.
Thanks to @KickTracks for the phenomenal music he is making, I was amazed by what you were doing and decided to move away from corporate template-like tracks, it really inspired me to try out new styles and to experiment more.

Also, thanks to @LegisMusic (ex SnailMusic). I learned so much about the business/marketing side of this job from you, I am forever grateful for all your advices and tips. I think many authors underestimate this part of the job and this is why so many talented musicians lack exposure they deserve.

And thanks to my friend, also author here for introducing me to this place. (He doesn’t like to be tagged in forums :smiley: )

And thanks to my beautiful girlfriend for a huge support since the beginning, she was really amazing. She even bought me ukulele when I was just starting here. :smiley:

My advice to new authors: Build your own customer base, don’t expect Envato to do the branding and promotion for you because it won’t happen, it’s too crowded here at this point for that. Instead, treat Envato like an “accountant” or payment service and easy way to sell your tracks without the need to build and run your own webshop. Don’t depend just on traffic from Envato search, combine that with your own traffic. Bring your own customers here and be as independent as you can. Approach this like you would with any other business. You are not only a musician, you are a business owner and you should treat everything you do with that in mind. That mentality helped me a lot here and was a huge turning point in earnings.

Wish you all luck in these hard days, stay safe and make some cool music :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Congratulations! Your branding and promotions effort is really a top notch. Wish you great luck on your music journey :tada:

1 Like

Thanks mate! :slight_smile:

Congrats :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

1 Like

Great work! Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats mate! Great work!!! :tada: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Congrats @WaveToys! Very cool achievement :sunglasses: … and well deserved!

1 Like

Congrats! Nice work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations !

1 Like

Big congrats! :wave: :champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

Very well deserved! Your business ticks every box I think. Excellent music with personality. Great branding, visuals and marketing. I think the momentum of your success is really you focusing on something that not everybody else does. Inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your advice to everybody here. My own small Youtube channel have finally started to grow much thanks to listening to your advice and approach about trying to “stand out from the crowd”. I am very grateful for that. I have a long way to go, but learning about branding and marketing is the key forward I believe, now more then ever.

Anyhows, keep up the great work and good luck reaching power elite :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Congrats ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Whaaaat!?!

Wow Dino, after more than 2 years I received an email from Envato Forums, and when I read the title I almost couldn’t believe it, but now that I think about it, that was the natural way of things: you’re an incredibly hard worker man and you weren’t afraid to go beyond creating music to create your own destiny here! I cannot believe how happy I am for your success!! :smiley: :smiley:

You really deserve it and I hope you can really enjoy it and keep working with the same amazing attitude as always. You came here searching for inspiration and now you are the one who inspire others. Congratulations!!

Big hug from Pablo (Legis Music)

1 Like

Great news, congratulations!:metal:

1 Like

Congrats !! :clap: :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats! :tada:

1 Like

Congratulation and thanks a lot for sharing your journey. It’s very inspiring, enjoy your shiny badge :partying_face::partying_face::star_struck:

1 Like

Congratulations! :boom: :+1:

If you don’t rely on Envato for anything, then maybe the authors do not need Envato at all?

For me the ideal situation currently is to combine Envato + my own traffic and loyal customers. I don’t have resources to run my own webshop as successfuly as Envato does. If you bring a lot of your own traffic and sales, you will automatically get even more traffic from Envato because you stimulate sales, trendings and many other things that bring more exposure here on Envato search. And Envato takes care of all the techical side of course. So FOR ME, the ideal situation is combinig Envato traffic with outside traffic. :slight_smile:
I see a lot of authors run their own webshops independently, but I prefer it this way for now.

1 Like

Reasonable approach! :slightly_smiling_face: In this case, the authors clearly need to increase % of the sale. :wink: This is when not Envato promotes authors, but vice versa. :sweat_smile: