Want to be involved in Envato marketing campaigns?

Well they’re doing that currently. Sure, they could just spend more on general marketing, so everyone benefits, but I think it’s a good idea to try different things… the data they get from which campaigns work better than others, should come in handy when they do future campaigns, and also with their general site-wide marketing efforts.

I’m no marketing expert, but I’m assuming a targeted campaign would be more successful in bringing in new buyers, than a general campaign. My thinking is that a “videos, graphics, music, themes, photos and 3D models” kind of headline will appeal to the masses… but a more targeted approach could result in people saying stuff like “Music kits? Thats a good idea, I never knew they did that”.

So they might come for the space videos, or the animal pictures or the country and western music campaigns… but they might stick around for the themes and all the other good stuff.

Sure, some authors will benefit, some won’t, but anything that brings in new customers has got to be a good thing. It’s not like they’ll buy that thing that’s on offer, leave and never come back.

Not sure if anyone has ever told you, but you’re a very ‘glass half empty’ kind of guy. Maybe I’m a bit too ‘glass half full’, but as a scientist at heart… my aim is always to be a ‘glass is at 50% of total capacity’ kind of guy. You should give it a try! You never know, the first niche they target could be WordPress themes by Anps!

Excellent! Good News! Thanks a lot for this thing!

Great idea, great news! Thanx Envato team

I really do not know how is it in non themeforest world :slight_smile:

But in my book market as Envato should be neutral as much as they can. I know that this kind of campaigns overall attract new users which can benefit in the long run. But those statistics are well hidden from us. I do not know how many new clients came and then longer on stats how many of those will actually keep on buying at Envato.

This kind of stats would give as a insight on how Envato market users think or well do.

Local statistics are very subjective but when a bunch of local stats show similar thing then it gets a bit paranoid.
For example when cyber Monday C. started 1 of our items drooped in sales, even if we had some discount still the massive exposure on other competitive items went trough the rough… actually so high that it will get on popular list. Meaning Envato gave this item a chance. Now i always half glass full guy, otherwise i would not even venture in this kind of private business :slight_smile: but you have to look from other side, majority of decisions Envato made did not end up benefiting us, on the contrary it brought us more work and less sales. Again we cannot compete at lower prices since our expenses are far bigger than from someone else.

Some relevant facts and stats would maybe give some look ahead in to the future. This and different kind of moves tells us “sorry, sales will go down maybe for some time but its for longer good” meaning “do suffer for some time for better days” but the changes are made in the way so Envato gains in short term.

Majority of us need to get Envato’s trust back.
But in the end its there private company and they can do what ever they want, tough this is a step into the right directions, i just hope they will implement the relevant ideas.

Will see, time will tell.

I liked CyberMonday so registred.

I missed cybermondey because of 5 stars rating limitations and didn’t know that it was canceled later. So hope this feature will help to inform better

Cool. Nice idea!!!

Good news!

Good news, done

All in for any future promotions!
One thing though:
Please, have a more neutral approach to selecting your featured items, because once you choose all the quality tracks, projects, footage etc, i am sure that most of them deserve the featured spot, so choose it randomly as much as you can!
Just a constructive suggestion and Good Luck!

It better if Envato share fees with author when have new campaign run

Glad to hear it! I have submitted two items for gift of giving is back. Thank you…

I’ve just got the info on this topic! And just completed the form. So, I hope to be a part of some campaigns in future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

which type of campaign are you referring.

1 Like

I want!
Done :+1:

1 Like

I’m in !! Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done, Thank you!.

1 Like

Great Idea !!

1 Like

Great Super News! :smile:

The email list in the first post is still your best way of getting notified about upcoming campaigns, but this is another way of seeing what’s on:

• Go to the envato-marketing tag page here: https://forums.envato.com/tags/envato-marketing
  • Under tracking options, select “Watching first post” (see screenshot below)
  • You’ll now receive a forum notification whenever a new post appears with that tag

The tag is restricted to staff use, so you won’t be spammed with hundreds of notifications :smile: