Wacom Intuos Pro screen protector

Hi!

I’m about to buy Wacom Intuos Pro and I was wondering if I should get a screen protector before I even start using it.

Would you recommend to get a screen protector? Are there any decent screen protectors for Wacom Intuos Pro?

I found Vikuiti screen protector but I’m not sure if it’s fine:

Thanks!

I don’t really think it’s necessary, I used a Intuos 4 for abut 4 years before I got an Intuos Pro and it’s in perfectly good shape, I still use it at home, but I use the Pro for when I’m at work. After a while you’ll start to see markings on the tablet, but you can usually just rub them off (it’s just the nib rubbing off on the surface). You won’t really notice any scratch marks unless you’re really rough with it.

I would recommend you to get one… not because of “scratches” but because of nibs lifetime. Wacom Intuos Pro just has a too rough surface and your nibs will go too fast. I have bought myself this one and I’m too happy:

Thank you for your replies! This is the first graphics tablet I’m going to buy so I needed some clarification. I’ll probably get a screen protector to make nibs last longer.

I have a Wacom Intuos Pro M size (mostly I´m using it for Zbrush sculpting and sketching in Photoshop), and trust me - price of the screen protector is nothing compared to the new package of nibs every few months :slight_smile:

mariokulas said

I have a Wacom Intuos Pro M size (mostly I´m using it for Zbrush sculpting and sketching in Photoshop), and trust me - price of the screen protector is nothing compared to the new package of nibs every few months :slight_smile:

You convinced me to get one :slight_smile: Is the screen protector you provided in the link previously is really suitable for Wacom Intuos Pro?

For M size - yes :slight_smile: But here you can view other sizes too: http://amzn.to/1trMkjm

My is that one in the link previosuly (M size) and its covers entire surface, not just the drawing part (and yes - there is no problem with finger gestures …)

Thank you for the help, Mario! I need medium size as well. The only protector I only need now is from my cat who loves sleeping on a desk and keyboard at times :slight_smile:

are your nibs really that weak?? I used one for 4 years and I haven’t needed to replace it, it’s still in good condition.

It’s not problem with the nibs but with the new wacom intuos’ pro surface that simulates a real paper … it’s too rough.

The not-small number of people on the official wacom forum has also complained about that problem… understandable ofc. because wacom products is not too cheap for such a big omission …