VRay Or AR for C4D ?

Hello. :slight_smile:
I’d like to hear what you are use in your 3D renders.
Some time i used VRay in Cinema 4D, but it’s not so integrated like standart C4D render. And now, VRay dont rendered in AE Cineware.

Never had enough money to follow all new releases.
Max 2012 / Vray 2.0
Edit : Atm Autodesk has offer of 4036.00 eur for Max 2014 + 765.00 eur for 1 year subscription = 4804.00 euros. Once i get this money through Envato, it will be mine. Problem is , until then they will release Max 2020 :slight_smile: Im more curious, how many people follow all new releases, since i know some people still using 3dsmax 2009.

Sorry for my english :slight_smile: I mean not “… I’d like…”… I mean, i like :slight_smile:

3eka said

Never had enough money to follow all new releases.
Max 2012 / Vray 2.0
Edit : Atm Autodesk has offer of 4036.00 eur for Max 2014 + 765.00 eur for 1 year subscription = 4804.00 euros. Once i get this money through Envato, it will be mine. Problem is , until then they will release Max 2020 :slight_smile:

Why you don’t use c4d? I think it better for motion graphics than max.

Because i used to working in Autodesk school and i’ll rather skip discussion why this not that :wink:

An update of Vray4C4d is coming this fall. It is promised that multipass and object buffers (along with other features) would work as expected. So the integration thing should be out of the equation.
I would still stick with what Cinema has to offer on its own. Physical is getting improved with each new version. R15 introduced light cache and irradiance maps much like the ones you see in vray. Layering materials gives you nearly the same results compared to vray’s. I’d recommend the AR/Physical, still a personal preference though. Whatever you are more comfortable with.

I haven’t tried it yet but I would consider Octane + a good gpu for real time or almost real time rendering… Vray + global illumination + good quality = your rendering will take ages unless you have some kind of special hardware… just my opinion :slight_smile:

It’s about knowing how to set it up properly and the trade-offs you are willing to make with quality/speed. Don’t expect a one-click solution… it almost never exists.

I have Octane for c4D License. i have never experienced such horrible plugin so far! i will never recommend trying it!

Motionworks said

I have Octane for c4D License. i have never experienced such horrible plugin so far! i will never recommend trying it!

Uh? Really? Is it not working as they say on the website? Or maybe some bugs? I was planning to buy it after Element 3D :frowning:

I know it’s not Vray or anything but i was really impressed by the Krakatoa renderer inside of C4D when in combination with the x-particles 2 plugin.

Never would’ve imagined a day where i could see millions of particles being rendered realtime within a second… colors, shadows the whole shabang.
It blew my mind almost literally.

If you are into particle animations i would highly suggest taking a look at that plugin, if it’s even out yet.