Visual Composer Security Vulnerability Fix

Hi there,

I believe I have followed the WPBakery instructions but my only option for download is an older version not the new one which it says I have to pay for?

Where can I find my new update for free please?

Cheers X

cmon… Together with envato team we fixed and audited whole code in 22 hours. Authors had 72h to replace VC and repack their themes. And now you say that your theme is disabled because of VC…

1 Like

To all ThemeForest authors: Thank you for updating your awesome themes so quickly. There are some reviews that are saying that this whole situation was handled very fast and professionally (thanks to envato devs at HQ for coordination).

2 Likes

Hey @KWPisME, see if you can download it from http://codecanyon.net/downloads

Hey - thanks - I downloaded from the link you supplied and installed - but it is still the old version??

Ensure the old version is deleted first (from the plugins page) then upload the new version

OK I figured it out - thanks for your help - have a great day X

7 October 15 already have updated visual composer in all our themes.

But I still receive this emails: Envato Market Security Notice: Visual Composer

done done delete

Hallo,

… I need the email / instructions again!
I’ve delete this mail in my account. And now I lost the instructions for the VC update for my bought
theme that contains Visual Composer.

Where can I find the update instructions again?

Thanks for a/your quickly help!

Hi Mike,

We’ve just updated this forum post with instructions for buyers of themes that included Visual Composer. So please scroll up to the very top and you should find the answers there.

Cheers,
Stephen

Hi there! I got an email and now I downloaded the Visual Composer, I use the theme DynamiX where Visual Composer included, I have not bought it but now when I updated the Visual Composer to 4.7.4 I need license key, how do I get it ?

I received the notice this morning, followed up by a correction. I was already disabled when I went to make the corrections.

1. Go to the Visual Composer page while signed in and download it to your computer.
  1. Locate and unzip the downloaded file.

I clicked the link included in the email, and it’s asking me to buy Visual Composer. Where’s the download link? Yes, I’m logged in. I only bought an affected theme 2 days ago (Kourse). What am I missing here?

Hi
I got notification earlier today and some of my themes (udesign and Elison) do not have the visual composer appearing as a plugin in the plugins page, I am guessing that if it is not there I am probably using an older version of theme,
If Visual Composer is not visible on dashboard> plugins page, can i ignore installing the update?

thanks

We’ve updated access for you now. Thanks!

Yes, if the theme isn’t using Visual Composer then you don’t need to install or update it.

@jremick can you please check our item too. Michello WooCommerce theme has been disabled. However, we’ve updated to the latest version VC too.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Tony.