Visual Composer plug-in update failure

I recently tried updating my WPBakery Visual Composer plug-in and kept receiving this error message: An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.

I contacted my web host and he advised me to purchase the plug-in and send it to him so he could upload it via FTP. He tried that and he followed directions to delete the old version, and re-upload via FTP but resulted in an error. So he deleted the plug-in. This is the error he was getting: Fatal error: Class ‘WPBakeryShortCode_VC_Row’ not found in /home/petricho/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php on line 177

I contacted WPBakery and they responded with the following: The issue is because your theme came packaged with visual composer and the theme author has some instances of visual composer in his theme code. Because of this, when you deleted the plugin, this code failed to render and hence throwing this error: /home/petricho/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php
You can get in touch with the theme author to get rid of all such instances which are present in the theme code, so yu will be able to delete the plugin without any issue

Pleeease help! I’ve tried so many things so far and nothing has worked.

Thank you!

Autumn13 said

I contacted WPBakery and they responded with the following: The issue is because your theme came packaged with visual composer and the theme author has some instances of visual composer in his theme code. Because of this, when you deleted the plugin, this code failed to render and hence throwing this error: /home/petricho/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php
You can get in touch with the theme author to get rid of all such instances which are present in the theme code, so yu will be able to delete the plugin without any issue

May be the WPBakery response mentions it. Contact the theme author.

I have tried to contact the theme host for ePix which is through themeforest/envato. When I do so, it directs me to ACODA. When I enter my email address and Envato Purchase Code, I get this error message: “Sorry, this key is already in the database or is for a different Envato item. If you think this is a mistake, please contact us to resolve the issue”. This is incredibly frustrating because this forum and ACODA seem to be the only places I can go to try and contact the theme author, but nothing has worked. My web host says that there seems to be a Javascript issue with the theme ePix.

For the love of god, someone…please heeeelp!

I recently tried updating my WPBakery Visual Composer plug-in and kept receiving this error message: An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.

I contacted my web host and he advised me to purchase the plug-in and send it to him so he could upload it via FTP. He tried that and he followed directions to delete the old version, and re-upload via FTP but resulted in an error. So he deleted the plug-in. This is the error he was getting: Fatal error: Class ‘WPBakeryShortCode_VC_Row’ not found in /home/petricho/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php on line 177

I contacted WPBakery and they responded with the following: The issue is because your theme came packaged with visual composer and the theme author has some instances of visual composer in his theme code. Because of this, when you deleted the plugin, this code failed to render and hence throwing this error: /home/petricho/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php You can get in touch with the theme author to get rid of all such instances which are present in the theme code, so yu will be able to delete the plugin without any issue

Pleeease help! I’ve tried so many things so far and nothing has worked.

UPDATE: I have tried to contact the theme host for ePix which is through themeforest/envato. When I do so, it directs me to ACODA. When I enter my email address and Envato Purchase Code, I get this error message: “Sorry, this key is already in the database or is for a different Envato item. If you think this is a mistake, please contact us to resolve the issue”. This is incredibly frustrating because this forum and ACODA seem to be the only places I can go to try and contact the theme author, but nothing has worked. My web host says that there seems to be a Javascript issue with the theme ePix.

For the love of god, someone…please heeeelp!

I have requested a staff reply for you - hang tight!

Thank you Jonathan…I’m eagerly anticipating the reply!

Heya. Your best best is to wait for the author to respond to your support request. If there is a problem with the item offering functionality it doesn’t have, or it’s broken right from the download, please open a Help Ticket and describe the situation in detail. The Help Team wont be able to fix the error but they may be able to contact the author to let them know.

If their support forum is not working, feel free to contact them through the email form on the right side of their profile page.

Thanks!

Hi KingDog -

Thank you for your reply. Part of my problem is that I am unable to request support from the author because ACODA will not let me register, as I mentioned above. I would love to reach out to the author, but I can’t. This is the link I was directed to to contact the author for support with the ePix theme: http://acoda.com/acoda-login/ and when I enter my email address and envato purchase code this is the error message that I receive: “Sorry, this key is already in the database or is for a different Envato item. If you think this is a mistake, please contact us to resolve the issue”. I retrieved the envato purchase code from within my account on this site, so that should work, but it isn’t.

Heeeelp!

I have tried everything in the troubleshooting page on the ACODA site, I can’t post in the ePix forum because for some reason my email and envato purchase code does not work and just gives me an error message, even though I have a receipt of my purchase with envato. I tried deactivating VC, then deleting VC and then installing VC and this is the error code I receive:

Fatal error: Class ‘TGM_Bulk_Installer’ not found in /home/petricho/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/adm/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1580

Can someone…anyone…please help me!!!

Just find the plugin included in theme and install it manually, skip TGM.
You can drop a comment to author here on themeforest if any issue with private support login.

tansh - can you help me with where I would find the plugin included in the theme to install manually? All of this is a bit out of my realm of understanding…

I’ve tried reaching out to the author directly but all he/she sent me was a link to their troublshooting page, which I tried all of those and suggested I post any other issues on the forum, which I can’t access for reason aforementioned…