Videohive has stopped (Part 1)

From my experience, I have had a situation: my customeraimed to use my Logo Reveal for his YouTube channel. He needed 12 logo appearances (with little variation in each). I proposed the customer to buy 12 extended licences. He wrote to support and they answered that it was enough to buy only 1 regular licence. Then I wrote a list carefully explaining all the variations between the logos and how they were to be used. After that the support agreed that the customer needed to buy 12 regular licences.
It would be nice to have a particular and detailed tutorial in which it was explained which licence you need with examples. And of course, there should me more types of licences.

12 regular maybe, but nobody ever needs an extended license for Youtube. Unless… didn’t Youtube used to have paid content, where you could rent movies and the like? Not sure if that was a dream, or whether it;s still going, but that would need an extended license.

So one month passed since this discussion was opened… anyone noticed positive changes?

I don’t think major changes are occurring rapidly. Of course, if something will happen at all. :slight_smile:

And if be honest, I give only 10% that at least something will be done from what is written here. It is likely that Videohive will be going under the knife in favor of EnvatoElements. But that’s just my opinion, let’s see what will happen in the future.

1 Like

I do agree with Alex and most of the guys here. I think that VideoHive will never ever return to its “original” form. Nowdays everything is based on corporate and “big company” agenda. This used to be Worlds leading site for the most creative and stunning AE Templates and now its mixed bag of everything. Dont get me wrong, there are still a lot of great templates and autors out there, even on weekly basis, but VideoHive lacks of that “special feel” that it used to have.

350k+ stock footage vs 40k AE templates is a bit too much if you ask me. Give those guys separate website so that they can sell their items in peace and that you can feature “Windows washing guys” every week on that site, but leave those precious “Featured files” spots to guys who spends countles nights creating some of the Worlds most stunning AE tempates. They deserve that, trust me!

Also, why don`t you merge ThemeForest and CodeCanyon? They have more similarities than stock video and AE templates.

P.S. As Flashato mentioned above, “new” forum sucks! I used to have my morning coffee reading some forum threads, that all dissappeared with this new “everyhing is hidden, I can`t find enything” type of forum.

*When I say “AE Templates” I mean After Effects, Cinema 4D, Apple Motion etc.

8 Likes

I agree -stock footage’s don’t have anything similar with AE, motion graphic etc
but this problem is something like 7 years old - no changes …

*When I say “AE Templates” I mean After Effects, Cinema 4D, Apple Motion etc.

1 Like

yeah man! You definitely nailed it from top to bottom…

“Windows washing guys” love it! I had a while to laugh in this forum, thanks for that

i used to have the same routine in the morning… o.O

btw: during the 5 years i’m around, i remember many threads and discussions about the separation of AE and Footage… for some reason they just don’t want to do that. If they would, it would be already done.

VH has stopped! They want more from the same!

There were changes in the search system, of 30 new projects, 5 projects bought, previously more than half of the projects were bought now only 5

I was realy hoping to see something geting out after this post …it looks like the only people that realy cares are the 5k that they read all this.SAles are dropping, envato dont give answers…we are the hart of this marketplace…we are the ones thatcreate the content…but me personaly i dont feel like a partner any more. We need to know what is going on…i remember when envato was posting articles of how cool is to be a full time author…so we become full time authors but …there is no profite any more…there is no interest…or atlist this is what it looks like…is anybody there?..BEn…are still there?

They probably did that because of themeforest. There they have super mega website templates that generate all the revenue, they want to promote them. It works for themeforest, because the authors can just redesign their websites when trends change, but for videohive, audiojungle it doesn’t work, it’s way easier to create a new project.

1 Like

I totally agree with that! I have to add that i’ve released a new AE template yesterday after a while and i’ve promote it as much as i could outside videohive and it has only 250 unique views in analytics.

In comparison: 5 years ago my first AE template had 1000+ unique views the first day of release without any promotion or anything and also envato had at least half the members that has nowadays.

Something is not working well in that area…

1 Like

Hey guys, if you want you can include this pdf-document of the license agreement in your archives. There I have added the original text of the regular and the extended license, and few words that this file has to be sent to a client who will get a final video from a project.

5 Likes

Excellent work. Thank you!

Well, guys, it was a nice try.

6 Likes

The market is flooded with the same type of projects !

What happened to Part 2?

Nothing happened, because what could happen to a thing which never existed? Part 2 does not make sense to be written anymore. Unfortunately.

It’s just that the (Part 1) title gave the impression that there was another part coming.

Please, read the end of the main post. But in any case, thanks for doing this post up again. :slight_smile: