Video on Elements

True story LOL

Do you hear the champagne bottles being opened? Today is a holiday for pirates! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I’ve just realized that you can easily find tutorials on Youtube that teach you how to download basically everything for free from Envato markets…Is Envato doing something about it since we are supposed to be creative and they do the rest which i guess it includes also to protect our items from thieves?
Why I have this feeling, as always, that the answer is going to be: NO?

4 Likes

Extremely disappointing news. It seems like Envato doesn’t realize the amount of hard work behind each high-quality project on Videohive…

6 Likes

I don’t have an opinion on this yet. Is there any author from Themeforest or Graphicriver, who has long-term and stable income? It would be nice to hear from him, that how has Elements affected his salary.

2 Likes

Marry Christmas Videohive authors, welcome to the club :smile:

Video on Elements ========> Winter is coming #GOE

Question.

On videohive created an excellent system of support for our projects. The buyer can ask the question directly to the author both before and after the purchase of the project. How will the support for the Envato Elements be organized? (the buyer does not know who the author is, and the author does not know who the buyer is)

1 Like

Even though this sound scary, personally I think customers will always buy our products on market.
Of course it will have some impact on our sales, especially if they and when release it to monthly subscription customers. It would be awesome if this could stay only on anual subscription.

Most of the customers are not ready to purchase anual plan if they are here from time to time seeking a logo reveal or some short animation.

1 Like

I think some categories like titles, lower thirds, slideshows will be heavily impacted by element. Logo stings will be least impacted.

What is the impact on your sells by wordpress on element?

Not planning to let my work on elements.

6 Likes

About 70% less sales compare to previous years. And it’s not only me, but other power elite authors.

6 Likes

As in other platforms with a subscription function, the author still points to the envato elements, and the person who downloaded item can contact it via email.

This model is not sustainable for authors.

1 Like

Question: What is the impact on your sells by wordpress on element?

Answer: About 70% less sales compare to previous years. And it’s not only me, but other power elite authors.

*Thanx to DeoThemes and santoshw7885 for question and answer.

4 Likes

Realy envato what are you doing. We are leaving envato

6 Likes

sorry that today is not the first of April! (

4 Likes

Happy new year!

One can only hope that Envato will listen to us. I have only seen two comments on here, that are not directly negative. I believe 90% of Videohive does NOT think this is the way to go. Curious if Envato will just ignore it and go ahead. I wonder what the consequences will be.

5 Likes