Video on Elements

So let me understand: if they ask me to join Elements, can I choose which files from my portfolio to upload there? is there a review process for the new ones? How long can I wait before I can decide to join or not?
I was thinking that if they will ever ask me to join, I might just upload on elements the items that I haven’t sold for years and gave me minimum return. I wouldn’t actually mind to sell those items that are forgotten in my portfolio, they never been competitive in Videohive so I assume they won’t in Elements either.

Btw, I have a fun fact: 90% of exclusive authors (the ones I know), upload their works on the “other market” (Where is existing a subscription system. I’m sure you know that market I mean), only those projects that were rejected on Videohive.

If you make your own survey among exclusive authors who upload their projects to “other market”, I’m sure you will get more accurate data.

And just thinking out loud: Of all subscription systems, the most understandable and the most correct (in my personal opinion of course) is the subscription system of Shutterstock. For example, on Videohive you can buy 5 items for $200, but on Elements you can buy these 5 items for only $150. This will attract new customers who want to sign on and save money, this ensures that 50% of the profits will be distributed only between 5 authors (if each item has a different author). It’s like little bundles that were used on Videohive before. $50 is a good discount. You do not turn $200 into $2 you are not giving everything for nothing, you just offer your customers to save on a wholesale purchase.

If Elements had a subscription system like on Shutterstock, then I would be the first one who started knocking at your door and asking you - Please take me in! I want to be a part of Elements! Something tells me that many authors from Videohive would prefer to do the same. And they will upload quality works, not only those that have already been rejected in another market.

7 Likes

Hi guys,

I was interested to compare the subscription system and the system of “one project = one price” (as Videohive works) from the point of view of the authors who have experience in the sale of their projects in different markets, with different payout systems. So, was created a survey of authors (from 51 to 88 authors) who sell their projects on Videohive and another market (with the subscription system). I can’t call the name of this market in order not to violate the forum rules. Let this market will be called conventionally “M” market. I’m sure many authors know what the market I mean.

I do not aim to convince or dissuade somebody to take part in Elements, or other markets. The only purpose of this survey was to learn the experience of other authors regarding the different payout systems. But in any case, James (@jamesgiroux), if these data which I publish, violate Envato policy, I apologize in advance. Just delete this survey. (Also, if your team has Russian-speaking people, I can give a link to a social network vk.com where a survey was conducted.)

Once again, I want to thank all the authors who participated in the survey.

So, let everyone draw their own conclusions:

10 Likes

Great points, Thomas (@ThomasKovar)! Thank you for your detailed comment and your questions. I’m sure you expressed the opinion of many authors here (mine included).

Now I tried to understand what the average percentage Elements offers to an author for a single download of his project compared to Videohive. I’m not sure if I calculated it correctly, but I would like to share this. I hope James (@jamesgiroux) or other authors will point out my mistakes if I do something wrong in my calculations.

Let’s take the settlement table from the Elements site - https://help.contributors.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/216749198-What-is-the-Subscriber-Share-model-

*First, I do not know why there is $49. If I’m not mistaken, it is the old price of the subscription. Now Elements has only the subscription price of $29 / month.

*Secondly, I will not take into account the type of subscriber “D”. It seems to me that such subscribers (who download only one product from Elements within a month) will be less than purchases of extended licenses on Videohive.

*Thirdly, the table shows the percentage of profits. It should be noted that this percentage is not from $29, but only from half of this amount, which is for authors of Elements. This is an important point to understand what the average percentage Elements offers to an author for a single download of his project compared to Videohive.

So, let's take as a basis the type of subscriber "B" ($29 / month).

50% of $29 goes to Envato. Authors can get only $29/2 = $14.5 = 20 points.
Each author can get a maximum only 3 points for one download. 3 points = $2.18 This means that from the total amount of $29 that the buyer paid, the author’s payout 7.5% ($2.18). Well, it’s very far from 70% on videohive.

But this is not all. $2.18 (7.5%) the author will receive only on the condition that the subscriber will not download more than 7 products (from the same category of points - bout this just below) per month. $14.5 for only seven authors. If the subscriber downloads only 3 items, there will be good news - 3 authors will share this $14.5. But, if the subscriber will download more than 7 products (from the same category of points), then one author will not even get $2.18 (7.5%). For example, a subscriber downloads 10-15 products per month (the same category of points) from different authors, which means that this $14.5 pie will have to be divided between a large number of authors. In other words, in this case, one author will not receive even 7.5% (less than $2.18 of his author’s reward).
Depending on the number of downloads by one subscriber, the share for authors reward ($14.5) will be “blurred” and will become smaller. Envato’s share (50%) will not participate in the “blurring”. This is similar to the film “The Social Network”, which shows how Mark Zuckerberg “blurred” the share of his friend, and left his own share unchanged.

Of course, the author can earn more from $14.5 of one subscriber, if the subscriber will download other projects of the same author. On Videohive this would mean that the buyer has to buy the project once again for $29 and you will get 70% + 70% instead of 7.5% + 7.5% on Elements.

Also, it is worth noting that Elements has different points for different types of goods. More info here - https://help.contributors.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/217377117-What-are-Item-Points-

At the moment there are no points for After Effects templates, but I think it will be about 5-6 points for one template. But this does not really matter because 6 points are $4.36. And to get these $4.36 from $14.5 (which are for authors), the subscriber has to download no more than 3 products (from the same category of points).

That’s why I believe that Elements is a good business model for a commercial company like Envato, but this is absolutely a dishonest model in relation to the authors. It’s like if you decided to rent a place for your shop in a shopping mall, and the tenant tells you - “I’ll give you a place, I’ll call people into this shopping mall, but I’ll take 50% of your every client purchase and other 42.5% I’ll give other sellers here, but you will get 7.5% from each purchase of your client”. Certainly, this is a very crude example, but very similar to be the truth.

If I do something wrong, and my calculations about revealing the average profit from one download are incorrect, please let me know, let’s discuss this.

5 Likes

You’re not getting 7.5% commission… you’re getting 50% of the share for your item. The only way they could give you 50% of the subscription price for your item, is if every subscriber just downloaded one item per monthly $29 payment. Then it’s pretty much just The Marketplace, rather than Elements. It works differently, so you can’t really compare them using the same yard stick. Take this other example… which doesn’t really work either, but it’s using your same kind of logic:

The buyer only downloads one item during the month, it’s your Graphic River item which is priced at $3 on the Marketplace. You get $14.50 for it. So rather than getting 70% of the Graphic River price, or 50% of the price… you’re getting nearly 500%.

As for people not downloading anything being as rare as extended licenses… that doesn’t seem to be the case. A lot of people are getting bonuses every month for people not downloading stuff, and I’ve heard it can be $100 or more, on top of their subscriber share. And it will be more common as people are signing up for annual subscriptions. Don’t need anything on a monthly sub… cancel. Don’t need anything on an annual sub… you can’t cancel. Go on holiday for four weeks, you’re unlikely to download anything… in a coma for two months, then we hope they pull through and wish them a speedy recovery… but that’s bonuses all round!

This is 100% incorrect…

“I’ll give you a place, I’ll call people into this shopping mall, but I’ll take 50% of your every client purchase and other 42.5% I’ll give other sellers here, but you will get 7.5% from each purchase of your client”

A more accurate statement would be…

“Every person who comes in the mall is only allowed to bring in $29. I will take $14.50 from them as an entry fee. They are then welcome to spend their money in whatever shops they like, and however they like. They can spend $14.50 in one shop, $7.25 in two shops, $1.45 in ten shops… whatever they like. They have to spend the full $14.50 though. If they don’t go in any shops, I’ll distribute the $14.50 to every shop equally.”

Basically, you won’t get 7.5% of every client purchase. If a customer buys something from your shop and no other shops… you’ll get 50%. One from your shop and one from a different shop… 25%, and so on and so forth. If only 15% of their purchases are from your shop, and you get a 50% cut, then why should you get any more than 7.5%?

The price an author will get varies from $14.50 to a couple of cents, there’s no way to give an exact number as it varies considerably depending on the behaviour of the subscribers from one month to the next.

As for your survey… I feel it’s a bit misleading. Sure, you’ve just put it out there for people to draw their own conclusions, but it’s apparent you’re not that keen on the idea of Elements, and you probably feel that the survey results support that stance. Here’s some important points I feel people should keep in mind when looking at the results…

1. The results show that the subscription service is not as profitable as this marketplace. That might lead people to believe that subscription services aren’t as good as marketplaces. However, it might just as likely be a case of one site being more popular than another. I upload to several sites. Some make a lot more than others. The ones that don’t make me as much as VideoHive just aren’t as popular… these things happen. Different sites are never going to bring in exactly the same amount as other sites.

Take the UK. Sales of the iPhone are less in the UK than they are in the US. That doesn’t mean the UK is bad for Apple, it just happens to be somewhere that doesn’t make them as much money as the US. However, it’s still a welcome additional revenue stream.

So if you had run the survey using another marketplace, rather than a subscription service, it would still show that one site is better than the other, That might have been VideoHive, it might have been the other site. But just like a lower result on the subscription doesn’t automatically mean that subscription sites are bad, a lower result on the other marketplace, doesn’t mean that marketplaces are bad, or the lower earning marketplace is bad.

1. The results show that people have smaller portfolios at the subscription site, and that they usually upload their rejected stuff there. Is that a fair comparison? I’d be interested to see if the results would be considerably different if people had larger portfolios at the subscription site, and if they uploaded their rejected stuff to VideoHive rather than the other way around.

2. Envato aren’t saying that Elements will earn authors as much as, or more than the Marketplace. Sales are kind of like energy, in that they cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one state to another. There are exceptions which can make a bit of an impact, but the odds of Envato coming up with a new product that makes as much as the Marketplace, would be an impressive feat.

What they are saying, is that authors on Elements will (on average) notice an overall increase than if they were just selling on the Marketplace. An important question you didn’t include on your survey, but which can be estimated based on your results, would be:

Do you earn more selling on VideoHive and the subscription site, than you would if you were just selling on VideoHive?

It looks like the answer would be 100% yes. And that’s the point… Envato aren’t saying that Elements is going to be as good as, or replace the Marketplace… they’re saying it’s an opportunity for additional revenue. Maybe it’s a glass half full/empty type situation… but you’re looking at Elements like a site that earns 80% less than VideoHive (random percentage example), and Envato want you to look at it like a site that earns you an extra 20% on top of your VideoHive earnings.

(i.e. I earn $1000 a month on VideoHive, but only $200 on Elements. Elements is terrible… VS. …I earn $1000 a month on VideoHive, and since joining Elements, I earn an extra $200 on top of that. Elements is great!)

But still, it would be interesting to see the results of the survey when it’s a direct comparison… when a new subscription service (Elements) is compared with this existing subscription service, rather than two very different products from two different companies.

4 Likes

A couple of authors here have asked some really in-depth questions and raised some good points. Many authors have commented that this captures a lot of their thoughts and questions too so I thought I would take the time to unpack these a bit more and try to answer as many questions as I can. If you do not see your question or thinking represented in these, then please feel free to follow up with your own question or comment.

That is correct. This definitely crossover of customers from Envato Market to Envato Elements as well as new customers directly to Envato Elements who have never purchased from Envato Market. Part of the reason for this is that we’re looking to increase the overall lifetime value of a customer. This means doing what we can to turn one-time buyers into long-term customers.

Envato Elements represents an opportunity to take someone who might have an ongoing need for creative assets from buying once (and then having to do all the acquisition work again to convince them to buy a second item) to someone who right away sees the increased value of committing for the longer term. Envato Elements isn’t for everyone and that is why it exists alongside Envato Market.

There is a lot going on for Envato Market. We try not to do too many big dramatic changes at once as every change has the potential to impact conversion and earnings (either positively or negatively). We test and experiment rigorously and introduce changes gradually.

That said, we have a number of ongoing projects and tests that should give you a sense of where we’re headed.

1. We’ve recently introduced a new header bar for Envato Market
  2. We’ve recently introduced a new search results page for PhotoDune
  3. We’ve updated the layout for VideoHive results
  4. We’ve updated the layout for Envato Market category pages
  5. We’ve launched Envato Websites

I could go on but there many projects that are launching value for authors regularly and more are always coming.

Envato Elements will always be a smaller, curated collection of items and authors. There is no plan to make it as big as Envato Market or grow the library that way.

In terms of the migration of customers, we’re looking to grow the lifetime value of customers generally, that means we’re looking to increase the number of Envato Elements subscribers who switch from monthly to annual plans. It also means we’re looking to find ways to grow the value of Envato Market customers through the introduction of new services and offerings. Over the years you’ve seen this through the introduction of Envato Studio, Envato Hosted, Envato Sites, Item Support Renewals, and it will continue with whatever comes next.

The cost of acquiring new customers is much higher than the cost of getting what customers we do have to buy more from authors. We want to improve both and we’ll keep working on new and creative ways to support authors earning more.

This is a great question and one we’ve asked of ourselves as well. I can’t say never but at this time there are no plans to introduce AE templates to monthly subscribers. The goal is to incentivise Envato Elements subscribers to upgrade to annual plans in exchange for these premium content types (notably WordPress and After Effects items).

An author will be able to remove items as quickly as they add them. They’ll have to visit the item page and revert their previous action to make it available on Elements.

Here is the complete license terms for Envato Elements. I have nothing new to add with regards to how it will impact video on Elements at this time.

As stated above, we have a fair use policy in place and teams that regularly review download patterns to assess whether we think a subscriber may have malicious intentions.

As mentioned earlier, we do have a Fair Use Policy which our team actively enforces. In general, it is up to the author to decide what, if any, of their rights have been breached by a subscriber with regard to the use of any item sourced from Elements. As with Envato Market, the process of filing a DMCA remains the same.

This is a question that needs a bit more time. I’ve asked the relevant team what our approach is here and I am waiting for their input. I’ll release a follow up post with the answer to this question as soon as we’ve got it available.

I think ‘trap’ is a negative connotation that implies Envato is somehow working against authors. The ‘us vs. them’ thinking is not how we operate internally. What we try to do is assess what is in the best interest of authors broadly and what levers/controls we have that will lead to increasing earnings for authors. It comes out of our value that we succeed when the community succeeds and we measure ourselves against that value constantly.

There are no plans to switch annual item types to monthly item types but as you’ve said, to rule it out completely would not be wise either. If there is a clear value to both authors and Envato that the lever of requiring an annual subscription isn’t necessary and potentially has become a hindrance to the type of customer that Envato Elements is after, then I believe authors would want us to revisit that to do what we can to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to grow earnings for authors.

Envato Elements will always be a curated collection of items. Not all will be available on Envato Market but neither will the collection compete with the scale of the library that is available on Envato Market.

With regard to the amount of earnings each month, this looks at earnings per item as the core metric. With a subscription service like Envato Elements, there’s a subtle shift to channel based earnings and earnings growth over time.

With a single item purchase, each transaction is it. There’s no guarantee that a customer will come back and purchase again. So each transaction is finite. It might be the same customer purchasing every month but in terms of forecasting and planning, there is no guarantee that the same customer will purchase at the same rate each month.

With a subscription, each subscription starts and continues, and each new subscription is added on top of the previous one. We’re able to build on top of the ongoing spending of that same customer. This is what we mean by incremental earnings. It’s a shift in thinking away from finite per-item earnings to incremental per-channel earnings.

If the only metric here was the per-item revenue then yes, you could argue this devalues products. However, if you look at portfolio performance across VideoHive and compare that with portfolio performance on Elements, I think having them both would generally be better. Not all subscribers are VideoHive customers and with incremental earnings potential on Elements, the overall value of the portfolio grows over time whereas the VideoHive portfolio alone is much more prone to fluctuation.

This assumes that a customer will always be a repeat purchaser of a specific author’s items. That’s not always the case. With Elements, even when a customer doesn’t download anything, authors earn from them, raising the value of their portfolio and increasing their earnings over time.

Yes, you are right that this could impact earnings. However, as After Effects items are priced at far less (generally) than the cost of an annual subscription to Envato Elements, a customer/subscriber would have to see the potential value of a subscription over the one-time cost of the item. In situations like that, the lifetime value of the customer and the potential long-term earning potential for authors is likely more valuable than a single item purchase.

Yes. If a subscriber is abusing the system and not abiding by the Fair Use Policy, then absolutely we would cancel their account. The monthly median for subscribers downloading is between 12-16 items per month. Each time they choose to download an item they are presented with a ‘project use’ modal where they must describe the project they are using the item for or whether it’s for trial purposes. In either case, authors are allocated item points for the download activity. It also serves to regulate subscriber downloading.

The ease of project attribution has been one of the reasons why average download behavior remains lower than many authors anticipate. Subscribers like it too.

This is something we’ve heard from subscribers and authors on Envato Elements too. It’s something we’re exploring and investigating more.

One of the strengths of Envato is that our community of authors are so diverse and the items they create are diverse too. This diversity enables us to offer a great selection of items to customers in a variety of ways. It is not about devaluing the work of authors but opening up our authors to new earning opportunities with customers who may not otherwise purchase from Envato or who would help authors earn more over time with a different payment structure.

Yes and no. AE templates will be part of the tiered points system on Envato Elements but there will not be separate tiers of points for AE templates within Elements.

Only Envato Market authors are being considered and invited at this time.

Yes. An author must also have a higher approval ratio (meaning fewer items rejected for content requirement violations) and a clean track record of legal integrity (meaning no fraud, IP, copyright, trademark or other legal violations).

We don’t have anything in the current roadmap for this but we are actively researching and evaluating and prioritising what we will be working on next.

Yes.

Oh man, I liked it when I could answer with one word. :wink:

The Elements Contributor Bonus takes the author net revenue of an individual subscription and divides it equally among all contributing Envato Elements authors. This means that authors are guaranteed earnings even when subscribers don’t download anything.

The recurring earning opportunity I mentioned is a way for authors to have access to the same customer month after month. You are right that a subscriber will still need to download your items for you to collect earning points.

However, you will not have to convince a subscriber that the value of your work is worth their purchase, that is already done and you can focus on the quality of your item instead.

I cannot share any specific data but I can describe the type of customer to you. When we talk about different types of customers, for Envato Elements, we are generally referring to those customers who have an ongoing need for digital assets. Often, we describe these as agency-type customers or freelancers with a solid customer base of their own who are regularly producing end products for them. It could also refer to those in larger companies who are their internal designer/developer with an ongoing need for digital creative assets.

Most importantly though, outside of the different type of customer, what we’ve seen is that there is a growing number of ‘new’ customers who are choosing Envato Elements and who might not have chosen Envato authors at all without it. This represents the growth potential for authors.

This is a great question and one we see a lot from Envato Elements authors. Generally speaking, this is not how we want Envato Elements to go. It’s a way to game the system that we ask authors not to do. When it comes to After Effects in particular, an item will have to go through the Envato Market review process before it can be included on Elements and as such, it likely wouldn’t get through if it was broken up in this way.

If an item isn’t selling or hasn’t sold in the past, putting it into a different platform isn’t likely to produce the results you’re after. The authors on Envato Elements who do the best are the ones who publish their best. Great items perform well regardless of whether they are downloaded regularly or purchased as a one-off.

Some authors believe that just uploading heaps of content will spread the net wide enough that the volume of downloads will counterbalance the lower performance of their items. Our data shows us that this generally doesn’t work.

Furthermore, authors who regularly upload lower performing items will be going against the agreement they make to us when they become an Envato Elements author. Their items will be removed by our team and their ongoing inclusion in Envato Elements would be at risk.

Thanks to all our authors for taking the time to write and ask these great questions.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, James, for your time to reply us. I really appreciate it. At this stage, I don’t have any substantive questions to write here, because the main puzzles of the picture became visible to me better. Once again, thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks James, i think i read the most important explanation i want to hear from envato, witch is
"Envato Elements will always be a smaller, curated collection of items and authors. There is no plan to make it as big as Envato Market or grow the library that way." :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sure, I absolutely can :slight_smile:
Look, of course, it is two different system, and Elements has a “floating” percentage against “fixed” one at Videohive. But we no need to forget that these are two markets with the same category of goods. And the main, we no need to forget that with help of the same product (the same project in both markets), a customer can create the same final product. Ultimately, all of our projects are needed for each client to get final products. As an author, I was interested to compare what a percentage I can get for each final product of each client from different markets. That’s why it allows me to compare these two payout systems. Of course, it’s not a 100% comparison. But just to understand the average values.

Well, tha’s why I think that Elements is good for authors from Graphicriver and no so good for authors from Videohive.

Hm, this is strange, but you almost repeated my example, just you indicated dollars instead of percentages. And yes, of course, your example has one additional point - “If you will lucky a buyer can spend all of these $14,5 in your shop and you will get 50%”. But allow me to add - “Although, our official data says that average visitors are buying between 14-20 goods per month. How much will be your goods on the list, we don’t know”.

So, it means you can’t say that my words are 100% incorrect.

I probably misunderstood this point of the settlement table. I thought that each author can receive only a certain number of points from one download. How many downloads, so many points. If so, as you say, then I thank you for the clarification.

But the data still says about 14-20 downloads per month…

That’s why I asked about the same projects in both markets and you can see the result. But you can say that a lot depends on a popularity of each market and how many buyers each market has, and you will be totally right. But to be fair in the comparing of the same projects in different markets, we need to know how many times the project was downloaded from the market with a subscription system and how many times the same project was bought on Videhive. In this case, the popularity of each market would not be important, because the main thing is how many end products were sold and where the author got a bigger profit for each end product of his client. I want to say that the market with a subscription system can bring you 100 downloads of your project, and the same project on Videohive may have only 20 purchases. It seems like the popularity of the project higher on the market with a subscription system, but in the end, the author’s profit is much higher on Videohive.

But again, I absolutely don’t want to say that this poll is super accurate and reflects all aspects and nuances, of course, it does not reflect the whole picture. But this shows that there are many points that need to be studied in more detail before to become an author on Elements.

Yes, you are right and I can explain why. Envato says that they want to “fairly allocate subscription earnings among the authors”, in other words, it is a fair “blurring” only a half revenue from each client among the authors. But I don’t think that it’s a fair system. If to forget about the low price for the goods, I believe that a fair system will be when to “fairly allocate (“blurring”) subscription earnings among the authors and Envato” - An author earns profit only from those clients who downloaded his project. Envato makes profit from every client. Yes, with such rules, all authors have to be Exclusive on Elements. But it will be really a fair system.

Well, it just my opinion.

3 Likes

Thank you, James, for detailed answers and explanation.
So it looks not so dramatic than at first it seemed.
Once again, thank you.

1 Like

So basically, from your first statement of having “data shows that Elements earnings overall have been incremental to earnings on Envato Market” .
You’ve re-phrased it to “Too soon to results to come in from wordpress” and these 2 posts?

There’s a huge red flag of inconsistency and trust here, and there’s that universal law of Karma.
Just a reminder, because it seems as if Envato forgot about it.

1 Like

Not in the slightest. If an author says they’ve earned an average of $250 a month since Elements started, but says it’s too early to say what November’s sales were like… that’s not inconsistency. It just means they haven’t had their earnings report for November yet.

1 Like

Nope. If you want to sell on Elements, it is Envato’s decision, not your, because only the "choosen one " can upload on Elemenets :-/
In my opinion it will be instant death for not-approved authors.

1 Like

No matter how you look at it, a subscription model is always terrible for authors. Don’t let yourselves be fooled by Envato’s allegations, they clearly only serve their own interests. Participating in this scheme is betraying the community and yourself.

Elements will be cannibalizing sales from the marketplaces, saying otherwise while over-pushing header banners for elements on marketplaces homepages is ridiculous, and a bit insulting as well.

The only way to keep elements interesting for authors is to keep the number of authors very low compared to marketplaces. So in the first phase, “invited” authors will probably see some interesting earnings but that would be against the majority of the community.

However, as with all platforms, Elements will need to grow to keep being appealing. As more and more authors are “invited” to join, earnings will plummet in an ever decreasing trend.

This is terrible, plain and simple.

11 Likes

@PurpleFogSound I totally agree with you!

I’ve got an invite to Elements today. Well - Hard Reject. Sorry, but your offer does not meet the minimum qualities of fairness.

6 Likes

Everything is going to subscription. More and more companies start to offer subscription, instead of buy actual product. And it’s not only happening in digital world. It seems that it’s a new evolution of consumer society. Soon we will not own anything but get things from subscription. Food, clothes, furniture and etc.

What about Elements. Everyone should think how to reduce damage, or take profit from it. No cry, weep, scream, complain, etc. It’s already happening and you can’t stop it for sure. If it’s not be Elements, it will be another site (already have one). If it’s not be Elements it will be Videohive, dozen authors are producing the same things 100 million times, it make more damage to your sales I’m sure.

Subscription is interesting way to distribute your work. If it’s going to make damage anyway, why not to try it? So you can throw tomatoes at me. You already did it, creating from creative videohive - chinese factory of copy pasting items.

Yeah, if you get an invite then you may as well try it. Make $1000 a month before being on Elements and $500 after… drop out. Make $1000 a month before and then $1500 after… happy days. Can’t really see the downside to giving it a try, aside from possibly a minor hit for the one month you try it.

So basically those who will get invited into Elements will have the opportunity to test this new marketplace and eventually make some extra money, but what about those who are out?
They say Elements is not going to compete with Videhive, but how can they say that if they only invite selected authors that will upload only their best items? I see Elements as a place with the best items at the lowest price possible and that creates competition.
And I don’t know why, but I’ve also got this feeling that in a couple of years they will turn the entire marketplace into subscriptions… just because it’s the natural evolution of things.
I’m still not sure what I’d do if I get an invitation, I don’t see Elements to be fair to the rest of the community but as Dogmotion said, there’s nothing we can do to stop it so…who knows :thinking:

1 Like

Subscription is the future of worldwide digital content distribution. You can’t stop, its happening now. You either cry and leave yourself behind or think how you can use it for your own benefit.

All this complaints reminds me the era when MP3 started to replace CD’s. A lot of sceptics stated that MP3 has no future and fight against digital distribution…and where they are now? You can deny it…but it will happen anyway.

I’ve just seen the announcement about the ADP for Videohive…do you guys see any relation between ADP and Elements for videos? :joy:

2 Likes