Very sick and need advice on how to build a wordpress site using an envato theme with free staging

I’m new and very ill, I’ve been bedridden for 8 years. I was a film editor and miss my job everyday. I’m not sure if I will recover and be able to host and publish my portfolio but I think it would be a good thing to focus on the future and being well. To do this I want to build my portfolio, tinker with it then leave it somewhere until I’m ready to pay for hosting and make it live. I know the envato theme I want, I just don’t have the money to pay a monthly fee when I don’t know how long it will be before I’m well enough to use it.

Hi!

When you mean paying monthly I imagine you are talking about subscribing to “elements.envato.com”. If this is the case, I think it would be better if you buy it from “themeforest.net” it is a one-time payment for a license.

Later you can use a development tool so that you can work as long as you need from your own computer. They are accessible and easy-to-use tools.

There are also some tutorials here tutsplus.com

Hope you choose the best option for you.

Best regards

I guess I meant hosting and domain. I’d like to buy the theme, build the site for as little as possible then when I’m well I’ll buy hosting and my domain but I’m beginning to think that this, if it’s possible, will be more difficult than paying for hosting now even though it might be years before I need my portfolio site to be active.

I understand, you only need to install a local server such as MAMP (there are other similar ones), which will allow you to host it on your machine and when you have the whole website built and adapted to you, whether it takes a month or several, then you will only have to make it a migration. to hosting. There are several tutorials on this on YouTube.

Best regards

I’d recommend Local for this.

Yes, this is what I want to do. It can’t be done with Elementor?

Local looks to be $20 a month, I could host it for less, right?

Just use WAMP / MAMP, that’s free.