Very often they became rejects

I’ve been here three years. And for these three years, I hear that my work has become better. But. Last year a LOT rejects! Rejects through every second track! Why is it so…

3 Likes

Maybe you could post the rejected tracks to get some feedback from the community? I am rather new, so I cannot say if the rejection threshold has changed. I can just say that it seems quite hard to get a track approved, while I think that AJ (at least now?) seem to have a very specific taste. I just guess that it’s not always the quality of a track, but also “if it fits to the customers needs”. Maybe something changed regarding this?

2 Likes

I delete rejected tracks and forget about them. I’m writing the next track. I can say one thing. The quality is the same as in my portfolio. I think this is due to a glut of the market…

What a bummer. I would never just delete tracks. Even without the motivation to keep on working on a track: somewhere can always be some kind of use for every track, I believe. :wink:

3 Likes

In vain! I would not advise doing this! Are you sorry for the time spent creating the track? I would upload the rejected tracks to other audio platforms (many do it, and rightly so I think)! I think it’s very stupid (in my opinion) to throw them in the basket and just delete them.
But of course, each author decides for himself. :slightly_smiling_face:
Good luck! :wink:

4 Likes

I chose this way))) But with each subsequent track I try to progress. Well, those. Just experience)

1 Like

Yes, I think everyone is right in their own way, good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Many thanks! And you🙂

Hey,

I wouldn’t get caught up with hard rejects. In many ways i agree with what @SergeBales said; don’t delete tracks however, keep them to compare what wasn’t approved for the market with a track that was approved. Many times in the moment its rejected, we think to ourselves how though? but then some time later when we have some tracks approved, we go back and listen to these rejected tracks and realize that the track might not be bad at all but it doesn’t appeal commercially or there’s a small mixing issue or maybe the arrangment in the song somewhere is weird. There is lots to learn and we continue to learn as musicians. Never will a musician reach a certain skill level and then from that point just be at a constant flow with nothing more to learn.

Sure, you can upload your rejected items to other marketplaces and sell them there if you want to, but if you like to focus your efforts on one marketplace, try to have the mentality that it wasn’t approved for the market and thats OK, focus on your next track and you will constantly improve.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rejecting your work, the reviewer aims to make you stop making your music. This is a teaching technique, known since antiquity. Don’t focus on that and make your music. Most of rejects for experinced authors not about “quality” or “fitting for customers”. This is methodic for increasing your strength and toughness.

3 Likes

Well, I Agree. I thought about it too…)

1 Like

same thing mate… Envato reviewers are rejecting quite good tracks sometimes…

3 Likes