Vector file nominations needed for new Free Files landing page

We’re preparing to launch a new marketing initiative for GraphicRiver, in the form of a Free Vectors landing page. This will be similar to the Free WordPress Themes page launched for ThemeForest last August.

Item nominations

How do I nominate my item?

Post a message in this thread with a link to your item (you must be logged in as the author of the item) and we’ll add it to the list.

• The GraphicRiver monthly Free Files for January, February and March will be selected from this list, promoted on the GraphicRiver homepage and via email to our customers.
  • Other Free Files will be used in Envato Marketing campaigns and emails. These files are typically available as freebies for one week.
  • If your item is selected as a Free File, you’ll be notified via email with more details about the timing involved.

Who can nominate an item?

Only the creator of the item can nominate it for a Free File promotion. Simply put, you can ask and plead all you want, but unless the author of the item decides to nominate it, you won’t get anywhere :wink: Luckily, we’ve got a great community of authors who like to give!

Criteria for Selection

In order for a file to be considered as a Free File for any Marketplace, you must be the author of the item you are nominating.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration. You are free to withdraw your nomination and/or offer a different item at any time.

FAQ

Why are you doing this?

Free files play an important role in attracting new customers, and in showcasing the types of items that they can purchase on Envato Market. They’re also a powerful tool for introducing customers to author portfolios, helping those authors to benefit via cross-selling opportunities.

How are the free vectors selected?

We’ll be selecting files from those nominated in this thread. Note that this is a separate nomination process to the existing GraphicRiver Free File Nominations thread, as we specifically need Vector images for the landing page. If you have an item that you’d like to nominate for one of our promotional campaigns, you can find links to all the current nomination threads here20.

How often will the items on the landing page change?

Free vectors will currently be offered for ~1 month, using a similar model to our long-established Free File of the Month promotion. We’ll be refreshing the content in this page as each new batch of items are ready for promotion.

Why are you only featuring Vector images?

This is an initiative driven by Envato’s SEO and Organic Growth team, aimed at increasing our ranking for the Free Vectors search term. This is a highly competitive term to rank for, and represents a large volume of potential new traffic that we’d like to bring to GraphicRiver.

The primary goal of the new landing page is customer acquisition via organic search results. The presence of a highly ranked landing page for specific high-volume search terms helps us to attract many potential customers to GraphicRiver.

The page has a secondary goal of customer retention - it will also be promoted to new GraphicRiver customers after their first purchase. A relatively small percentage of customers go on to become repeat buyers, but those repeat buyers often go on to make large numbers of purchases - so we’re constantly working on ways to retain and engage these customers.

Will other item categories get their own version of this?

At this stage, we’re focused on carefully measuring the success of the Vectors landing page, and learning from this. The results from this test will help us determine the best approach to using free item promotions in future.

Will this replace GraphicRiver’s Free File of the Month?

Not at this stage - you can still find all current Free File of the Month items on the front page of each Envato Market site. The new landing pages are not linked to the marketplace front pages, as those are optimised for conversion of existing traffic - so presenting those potential customers with a wider range of free items reduces our ability to convert those visits into sales. However, the Free Vectors landing page will provide us with valuable data that will help us to optimise the Free File of the Month system.

Will I receive a Free File of the Month badge for taking part?

Not that specific one, but there is a badge involved :slight_smile: The Free File of the Month badge is automatically linked to items set via the older Free File of the Month system, and we have no way of manually assigning it to other free files. However, we’re commissioning a new badge for other Free File promotions, such as the new landing pages, and other initiatives like our Freebie Friday email campaigns. When the new badge is available, I will be back-dating it to include all participants in the Free Vectors page.

To nominate your Vector Image files, please post them in the thread below :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Update: I’ve unlisted this topic for now, as the Vectors landing page release has been pushed back a bit. When we have a new launch date, I’ll re-list this thread and we can continue taking file nominations for it.