VC Single Image module not generating hyperlinks in Newspaper 8.8.2

I recently upgraded Newspaper 6 to Newspaper 8 and I am noticing that the Custom Links in all VC Single Image modules cease to render and ignore any parameters entered into the field. The hyperlink is replaced with only a single hashmark and the fields are ignored. I have attempted to edit the raw text as well as using the WPBakery Page Builder and the fields are saved and editable but ignored when rendered in both. I have also attempted to manually use the parameter “link” as well as “img_link” by editing the raw shortcode in the build-in Wordpress editor and it also fails to render.

Here is an example of the raw shortcode text using the build-in Wordpress view to show the raw code that I am attempting:

[vc_single_image image="14780" img_size="full" onclick="custom_link" img_link="/breast-health/" el_id="breast-health-link" link="/breast-health/"]

And here is how the VC Single Image is rendered in the DOM:

<a class="td_single_image_bg" style="background-image: url('https://[REDACTED IMAGE URL HERE].jpg'); background-size: cover; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center;" href="#" rel="bookmark"></a>

You can see that neither the href field is being populated from the link or img_link field, nor the id field from the el_id field.

This fields works perfectly fine in Newspaper 6, but not on the upgraded Newspaper 8.8.2. I have attempted to render this in a child theme of Newspaper 8 as well as the native Newspaper 8 theme and both fail. The plugin versions in use are

• WPBakery Page Builder 5.5.1
  • td-api-plugin 1.0.2
  • tagDiv Speed Booster 4.9.1
  • tagDiv Social Counter 4.4
  • tagDiv Composer 2.3
  • tagDiv Books custom post types sample 1.0
  • Slider Revolution 5.4.8

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to fix this.

Thanks.

Hello,

Please open a new topic on the official support forum at http://forum.tagdiv.com/forum/newspaper/ and our support team will gladly help with this issue.

Regards,
Bogdan B - tagDiv