Value Based Marketing vs. Misleading Pricing with ADP

I got the email. Obviously it doesn’t contain every single piece of information on the change (like most email announcements don’t), as the email would just be far too long… but it does direct you to the relevant forum post (like most email announcement emails do) which contains all the relevant links and information you need. It;s not like they were trying to cover anything up.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hope to see these suggestions taken into consideration and implemented asap.

Yes, as @SpaceStockFootage said (thank you! :slight_smile: ) we are offering introductory price according to the current rules, but thank you for your comment, it is nice to see that community is actively monitoring the situation. We wish we never had to set these prices, but in current situation there is not much choice.

1 Like

Sorry for the misunderstanding again. I love this marketplace but everything just keeps getting worse here. I hope Envato will do something about that asap :frowning:

You’re correct (I think you meant $5000 though ) and that was exactly my point to begin with. For a country with a base salary of 500$ earning 5000 is great, for a country with a base salary of 3000$ earning 5000 is not so great. Therefore the prices will be set differently based on the amount an author expects/needs to earn to make it! This is also a huge factor.

1 Like

No, 800 sales of a $13 theme will make you $500. If you’re a new author anyway, $700 if you’re Elite.

I get your facts, comparing 13 theme to 89 is a bit harsh, but I get Enabled’s point also.

The point is that those 13 themes will get the 89 themes sales so, in most cases it will be like 13x800 vs 89x100 eventually if those with 13 prevail.

The main point that Enabled made is that if price dumping continues, those 5000$ countries will have to drop there prices drastically to compete and the economics will not work.

Again these numbers are pumped up/down to prove a point.

Stating mere facts for the facts themselves is sounding quite sarcastic in this discussion and to be honest a bit demeaning and it sounds also like as someone would try to take the attention of the true meaning of Enabled’s post, which majority of us get.

Cheers

2 Likes

Space likes to take words as literate as possible so he can avoid the point and annoy us on the biggest possible scale. Trolling at it’s best. :wink:

5 Likes

Well when somebody is trying to prove a point based on incorrect facts, I think it’s important to state the actual facts. That’s not being sarcastic.

There should be a report link on every item page. Do you agree @matthewcoxy ?

Eg:

4 Likes

800x13 =10400
30% of 10400 = 3120
70% of 10400 = 7280

Calculated without buyer fee ( aka Templates )

Anyway. It’s still a discrepancy between countries depending on the economic status of each country. There should be a minimum price. This way, the bare minimum would be let’s 49 for themes. You can price higher if you want, how many times you want, but not lower.

Everyone would be happy and a quality standard could be maintained rather than everyone setting prices. The current system is very unpredictable.

And PS: my facts are right. I forgot to add the buyer fee. @gljivec , exactly! :laughing:

Exactly! Thanks for the addon. :smiley:

and Theme - 199$ (800 sales will make you $93,500)

I think we all know the math :wink:

The point is - and I guess it will not differ much from reality - that if the Theme for $13 is sold 800 times then the one for $89 will sell 80 times and the one for $199, once at best.

You’re referencing an email that was sent to notify that ADP is made available on ThemeForest. how is that relevant to this discussions?

“Discount and Promotional Price Guidelines” changed twice. unless this is your first day on the internet or using any service, you would know that any changes in a company terms of service have to be agreed on and an email is sent to notify the ones involved. where is the notification email for these?

and before you get offended, let me say that … well when somebody is trying to prove a point based on incorrect facts, I think it’s important to state the actual facts. That’s not being sarcastic.

1 Like

And in the thread that the email links to there are links to the rules on discounts and promotions, so it’s relevant to the discussion.

Well unfortunately, the buyers fee exists, so any calculation that doesn’t take it into account is inaccurate.

Are you intentionally acting ignorant? These rules changed now. The email you’re referring to was from last year. Also, the email DOES NOT contain a link to discount and promotional guidelines. Stop posting in discussions you know nothing about.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it did. The email contained a link to a thread in the forums. In that thread, there were links to all the information you needed on ADP, including articles on promotional guidelines. Those guidelines have been updated since they were first posted to to better protect Envato and the author community from those that might abuse the ability to offer discounts. Maybe I’m missing something… but why is that such a big deal?

Wrong, again. The thread link contains exactly 0 link to the “Discounts and Promotional Guidelines” article.

what you’re missing (intentionally ignoring) is the fact that rules cannot be enforced without notification. It’s terms that have changed here. If nobody was informed, there’s plausible deniability. And envato is banking on that.

You can defend them all they want but the facts remain facts: NOBODY WAS INFORMED because Envato has malicious intentions here.