Using HTML Landing page in Wordpress

Some guidance please: what’s the best way to use an HTML landing page I bought with links to different pages in my Wordpress theme? My client has a few divisions and I found a nice landing page that can then direct visitors to the respective pages.

The way I see it is to create an index.html for as the landing page while still configuring the index.php as the home page, but I’m not sure of the implications of this by having two active index pages.

Please advise on best practice. Thanks.

You could incorporate that html as a static page and use that as the index. Then it would be part of WordPress. Or you could put WordPress in a subdirectory

Fillerspace, is the approach I indicated also acceptable? If I incorporate the html as a static page then the page would also have the elements of the theme. As it is the landing page is completely different which I want to keep. Actually the landing page I’ll be using is the Esperto Landing Page from TemplateSquare.

CLINE123 said

If I incorporate the html as a static page then the page would also have the elements of the theme.

Not if you don't include the theme header and footer. But what you described would work, but you'd have to change .htaccess to use index.html before index.php

Thanks Fillerspace, actually the index.html is being used first and I had to disable the canonical redirection as I couldn’t directly display the index.php since it kept redirecting back to index.html, so it works great.