Using a Deleted Track in a Television Production

Hi,

I’m an exclusive author on AJ. If I delete a track from my portfolio (which has had a small number of sales) and I haven’t registered it with my PRO, can I use the track in a television production that I’m currently scoring?

Thanks for any advice,

M.

Hi Opus68,

Of course you can. Exclusivity only applies to the tracks that are currently in your portfolio.

That’s good to know. Thank you for the reply Soundset. However if I licence the track to a broadcaster, then the few people who purchased the track when it was on AJ (only 7 sales) might have their use of the piece flagged? Could this be a problem? But I don’t think any of the purchases were for broadcast use, so it’s probably unlikely. I guess the easiest way around it is to offer the broadcaster a licence but not an exclusive one.

Thanks again for the reply,

M

If you transfer all the rights to the broadcaster, then they will be able to add the track to CID as their own. That would affect anyone who has already bought a license on AJ.

On second thought, the people who bought a license have purchase codes they can use to clear their videos, even if they get flagged.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I don’t think I need to transfer all the rights to the broadcaster - just synch rights - so that should protect against any issues.

1 Like