Users who aren't registered on AdRev, which Content ID are you going to choose (since AdRev doesn't let new AJ users register)?

Hi!
I searched internet a lot and i cannot find any useful information. I have few simple questions

1. Can i join ad-rev at anypoint, anytime?
  2. After i join ad rev can i add my tracks already sold with no ad rev?
  3. How can i join adrev? Do i have to pay anything or how the progression works?

Sorry for my poor english, its not my native language.

This is a rather late reply but there is a recent development. It doesn’t look like Adrev is taking any new independent clients at this time. Maybe they are going with large catalogs or a distributor deal.

I have worked with a lot of music licensing sites and HAAWK is the most compatible. They have a self-service product - Identifyy - which is very good with an automated whitelisting clearance for your paid/licensed placements. This keeps the licensing sites from jumping down your back due to stale copyright claims. They also monetize aggressively, all the way down to 10 second usages which is way better than other aggregators I have worked with.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks. But a lot of people are claiming it’s a scam and they’re stealing customers’ intellectual property. They have 1.3 rating on Google reviews

Yeah, I saw that and checked the comments. But look who is writing the comments - YouTubers that pirated the artists’ music without a license and HAAWK caught them. As an artist that is exactly what I want and don’t really care that pirates give a bad review.

Many in the YouTube world think content is free to use and they don’t understand copyrights. So, these companies that work to protect our content are certainly not going to make these people happy. It makes them play by the rules. Honestly, the company that upsets these copyright infringers the most is the one I want to use. :slight_smile:

On a more practical and relevant note though - I want to license my music as well as protect it and that has been a struggle when working with the large libraries that use subscriptions. The only way I could find to do it and not sign an exclusive deal with one of these libraries was to use HAAWK’s service Identifyy. They are aggressive in protecting my content and lightning fast on clearance turn-around. Usually within a couple hours.

So, all I am saying is it works for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like