Uploading to VideoHive Suspended

Hi,

Today I got the same email and I cannot access my upload page for videohive.net
This is the message that I get “You currently can’t access the Item Upload page because your upload rights for videohive.net have been revoked. You need to contact Help Team to get them reinstated.”

Please Help!

The message you received is very clear. You need to contact the Help Team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today I receive an answer from support team : blush:

"The ratio of rejected items to successfully published items was unfortunately not of the standards and requirements for VideoHive.

Thanks for understanding"
Only the thing, that always you propose me in rejected mails that you waiting for my another attempts
"We hope to see a new submission from you soon!
All the best!
Envato Quality team"

It would be better to warn members that there are some " ratio of rejected items to successfully "
Anyway… if now my footages is selling now and they not want this profit, it is their decision.

I hope that my earning will come to me without any ratio and other things…

2 Likes

Same situation and I sent e-mail yesterday.

The answer is…

I checked all…

Hello siwon177,
how many product rejection you face till date to achieve these number of products. Actually I feel this suspension goes to all those whose approve/rejection ration is too high.

First: it is personal factor, why rejecting and what rejecting. Just for me my rejected AE projects is working on other places pretty well :slight_smile:
Second: after accepting, when my files not hanged only on envato but selling not bad, during 14 days 9 sales, why stopping it :). I’m not exclusive author and profit from my works is more for enavato than for me :D.
For me, it is stupid decision, and lot of authors will leave envato, may be just it needed, I don’t know…

1 Like

same

If you are removing or suspending their work or account by specifying that they do not comply with quality standards, you need to explain to them what quality standards are made up of by typing one by one. You approve that it’s worse than a lot of work done. but a lot of work is really good, but you don’t approve. what’s the reason for that? I think you’re making some mistakes while you’re doing the review? There are many professional users and amateur users. You need to try to redirect users to what they need to do. For example, what is required for an element 3D project?

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone is having their work removed.

1 Like

I’m talking about the projects rejected. (soft or hard) , If they are suspending users for 6 months, they have to explain why.? Remove or suspend same thing, same story.

1 Like

We wish we could offer specific critiques on an author-by-author and item-by-item basis. But the reality is, with the amount of authors and items on the marketplace, that sort of feedback is logistically not feasible.

The responsibility of creating quality content is solely up to the author. While the concept of “quality” may be somewhat subjective and abstract on a per-item level, broadly speaking, Videohive’s quality standards isn’t a closely-held secret, nor is it information that is difficult to obtain. Quality standards can be easily determined by browsing through the pages of recently accepted marketplace items.

Hard/Soft rejections is a completely separate topic and situation than the subject being discussed here. But ultimately, these review outcomes are determined upon the same quality standards that relate to the recent suspension decisions.

5 Likes

It’s not the same thing in the slightest. Take a top seller from Themeforest… they currently make in the regoin of $250,000 a month. Suspend their ability to upload new items… they make $250,000 a month. Remove their items… they make $0 a month. So it;s not really ‘the same story’.

As for explaining why… they have already. They’ve explained that it’s not at the required quality level to be accepted. Yes, that gives you virtually nothing to go on. However, what other form could it take? Well there’s two ways… the first is that the reviewer tells the author what to do to get their item approved. The second is that the reviewer explains in detail what is wrong with the item.

The former wouldn’t work, as the reviewer is then effectively dictating what the item should be. That will remove individuality and uniqueness from approved items. The reviewer is then also ‘teaching’ the author which isn’t the role of a reviewer. They have enough to be doing without having to teach or train people. If it was their job to do this then where do you draw the line? If I upload a video that’s a plain white screen for 20 seconds… how would the reviewer explain what it is that I need to do to get accepted?

You might say, well that’s ridiculous… if they upload a plain white video then they wouldn’t need to give an explanation for rejection! I agree, but there has to be a line somewhere between the two. You’ll then get people wanting an explanation of why the item wasn’t good enough to get an explanation of how to get it approved!

If it’s the latter, then I’m not sure the benefits would outweigh the time put into it. So one of the reasons the reviewer has rejected your item is your choice of font. They tell you that one of the reasons they’ve rejected the item is due to your choice of font. So one of the changes you make is to change the font? But which one of the tens of thousands of fonts out there do you go for? If you chose a bad font in the first place, what are the odds going to be that you’re going to choose a good font this time round?

All of the decisions made by the author, in the creation of their item, were made because the author felt they would result in the best possible item. But one, several or all of those decisions were the wrong decisions. Just knowing that they were the wrong decisions… is that going to help? Will it mean people start making the right decisions? I think it’s unlikely.

7 Likes

You said a lot of things, but none of them are the answer. You’re just defending. If you were a good person, you’d produce new ideas. Whatever have nice day.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s enough, but thanks for the answer anyway.

1 Like

We realize there will always be the desire for more intricate feedback from the review team, but Videohive is a digital marketplace, not a design critique service.

We recommend seeking design critique or advice from peer authors via the Forum.

You are aware, that the person who answered this is a VideoHive Author, who is just as susceptible to being suspended from uploading as you are? Why would he be defending an idea if it would be bad, and, why is he a bad person for giving you valid and proper feedback?

Of course that’s not enough. It’s always Envato’s fault, always the reviewer’s fault for authors not living up to quality standards, and then, after the standards are lowered, it’s always Envato’s fault for approving lesser quality files. There’s a famous quote that applies to this situation, flawlessly.

‘‘You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time’’

In the end, there will always be someone that’s not happy about the fact that Envato is trying to make things better for the entire community.

4 Likes

I ask you a simple question. Why is 1500 users and more suspending from here? These people are wasting time and doing projects. I’m not calling it Envato’s fault or Reviewer’s fault. No one spends time doing bad projects. It’s a quality project for me, if it’s poor for you, is it my fault? No need to discuss . It is necessary to try to produce a solution without accusing anyone. it’s not about money, it’s not about quality, it’s about just respecting and explaining. Thanks for all answers, we are just doing our job.

1 Like

Well none of the things you’ve said ate ‘the answer’ either, so I guess we’re in the same boat. But yes, I am defending Envato’s decision not to give detailed feedback on why an item was rejected or what somebody has to do to get an item approved. Not only would it increase the reviewers workload, meaning it would cost a lot more money, it would change the entire landscape when it comes to items on the marketplace. When it comes to the additional cost it would incur… how much do you think would be fair compensation for Envato to offer this service? Maybe $1 per item as a one-off fee? Maybe your commission could be reduced by a few percent? If you can come up with a figure for how much author’s would be willing to pay for this then maybe Envato can make something work.

Because their ratio of rejected items to successfully published items was not of the standards and requirements for VideoHive.

They do though. Some projects are amazing, some are great, some good, some average, some are below average, some are bad, and some are terrible. Some are even frighteningly bad. The problem is the disconnect between where an author thinks their project falls on that scale, and where it actually falls on that scale. Your statement would be more accurate if it was “no one spends time doing projects they think are bad”.

To an extent, yes. It’s important that people create unique items in their own style, but they also have to keep in mind that Envato are looking for some things and they’re not looking for other things. I could post them in a watercolour on canvas that critics are describing as the finest piece of art by any living artist and it will get rejected. Why? Because they only accept digital goods, so I should have scanned it instead. Fair enough, that’s a technical requirement, so a lot easier to define… but you get my point. Something you, or others, think is good… doesn’t automatically mean it’s good for Envato.

Not sure if you’re referring to me, but I’m not accusing anyone of anything. The point of my initial reply to you was to point out your error in saying that people were having items removed. That’s not true, so it was important for me to point that out. As for solutions, as with any suggestion… if you can come up with a solution that improves the situation without having any negative impact on Envato, authors or customers (although minor negative impacts are ok if the benefits outweigh them)… then I’m sure Envato would like to hear it, and I’d be surprised if they didn’t implement it.

So does this apply solely to the motion graphics section? Seems everyone that’s responded ITT with the same issue mainly uploads in the MoGraph category.

I don’t blame anyone here. I’m just trying to figure it out… I believe what you’re saying is true. You have to defend. Because you have a status inside the company. I understand that. And that’s no problem. I also know there are some things about corporate policy. Making quality projects means more money. If Envato makes money, then the authors can make more money. There must be rules. I’m not objecting. But I think there are things to explain to the authors when the rules are applied. If I’m wasting time on the project, someone has to answer my questions. Tell the authors what’s good for envato. There may be a solution to this problem. I only have one request from you. Keep your Reviewer’s under control. Because sometimes they don’t make the right decisions. See you later. Thanks for replies.

4 Likes