Uploading to videohive - help

Hi,

Sorry for a really amateur questions - I’m completely new to this.

When uploading stock footage, the instructions say I can upload in a MP4 or MOV container.

However, when uploading, down under video encoding there is a note saying “Submissions must be encoded with one of the formats listed here, within a Quicktime MOV container.”

I searched deeper, and under ‘attributes explained’ it says:

Regardless of the encoding method you select, your main file must be provided within a Quicktime .MOV container.’

So does that mean my main file can’t be MP4?

Sorry for this - and any help would be appreciated!

Not sure where you saw that. But yes, you can use an mp4 codec as long as it’s in a Quicktime container. So spacewizard.mov is fine, spacewizard.mp4 isn’t.

Thanks for the reply!

It says in the upload instructions that it accepts mp4 and mov containers. See below

Attachement 1

Then in another section, it says the main file must be .mp4

Attachement 2

So just confirming the main file can’t be .mp4?

Cheers!

It shouldn’t say that. But yes, you can use an mp4 codec as long as it’s in a Quicktime container. So spacewizard.mov is fine, spacewizard.mp4 isn’t.

As far as I see it here on the updated uploading page https://author.envato.com/upload/videos
This is clearly stated that you can upload both MOV and MP4 files:

"File types allowed

No need for zip files, we accept MOV or MP4 video files encoded in one of the following: H.264, Photo JPEG, PNG + Alpha or Apple ProRes 422, 422 HQ and 4444"

Cheers!