Updating from Soledad 5.1 to newest version 7.3 ?

Hi guys !

Thanks for this forum. Unfortunately, couldn’t find anything about that topic, so hopefully someone out there can help me, that’d be highly appreciated.

I do have a website running great with The theme “Soledad - Multi-Concept Blog Magazine”. Quite a lot of things have been changed and improved these past few months. Some additionnal CSS rules in the child theme, etc etc.

My mistake here, I kept on skipping the updates. I’m still running the 5.1 version and I realised the latest version is now 7.3. So I believe this wouldn’t be a good thing to update from such and old version to the newest right away.

What would you guys recommend ? My hosting service updates regularly their services (which is great, going to PHP 7.3 soon) but i’m just worried at some point my older version may not be compatible with new things or new plugins etc.

Huge thanks to anybody who could advise me on this ! :slight_smile:
Have a great day,

Jeremy

Hi

as you didn’t update for a long time. I would like to recommend for this technical query the best choice will be contact theme Author and let them know How to Contact your purchased theme Author, theme author will be happy to assist you.

Please don’t forget to keep a full backup before doing the theme update.

Thanks