Updates to Market Upload Page: Markdown & High Resolution Previews

Hi Authors,

As part of launching Video on Elements soon, we are letting you know that there will be some changes to VideoHive item editing features. These changes involve adding a Markdown Description and High-Resolution Previews in the Market Item Page UI.

It is important to ensure that you have inputted your item details into the correct description field as required for Elements and Market items. Unlike on Envato Market which uses an HTML description, the item pages on Envato Elements use Markdown.

HTML tags won’t be rendered, so Elements authors will need to make sure to set up their item description in the ‘text description’ field (non-HTML) of the item page. You can view the full process here.

In addition, high resolution preview images are a really important indicator of the quality and subject of the item for subscribers and reviewers. You can now use high-resolution preview images for your items on both Market and Elements. We recommend including a high-resolution preview image for video using these dimensions: 2560 x 1440. Please note: the minimum size requirement for your preview images are 1920 x 1080 (16:9).

At the moment, the markdown description feature will be available to Elements only, however, we may look to implement this on Market in the future.

If you have any questions, please let us know. We’ll be monitoring this thread for the next seven days answering questions not yet answered.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Do you plan to change Videohive Item Page design if you’re increasing resolution of preview images for it?

Hi.
How can I provide the link to soundtrack from Audiojungle that I use in my item, if it says that “HTML, links and email addresses are NOT allowed” in markdown description?
Million dollar question.

2 Likes

Hi @DOGmotion

Thanks for your question :slight_smile: For Elements, you will need to reference the author’s name and music item/track title in the description - A link to the item is not required.

You can read more about this on the help center here: Audio Content Used in Video Preview Policy.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @rgba_design

Thanks for your question :slight_smile: We currently don’t have any immediate plans to change the VideoHive Item Page design. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Please include a policy to watermark the Huge Preview Image also. It seems not quite right to provide a high resolution image for preview without the watermark!

Ohhh was checking !!! All the illustration or graphic artwork on " Elements " is available to download for Free. 2000 plus pixel resolution files available!

That is some Serious Issue!
Please Resolve It!

Thanks.

2 Likes

But from the point of view of the customer surely it would be much better if a link were provided? Many AJ tracks have the same titles, and the title may also be changed by the author, so it will not always be that easy to find the track if the customer wants to use it. Just being able to click on a link to the track seems a lot more straightforward!

1 Like

Hi @redmotions

Thanks for your comments. Could you please clarify and explain what you mean here?

Please include a policy to watermark the Huge Preview Image also. It seems not quite right to provide a high resolution image for preview without the watermark!

Ohhh was checking !!! All the illustration or graphic artwork on " Elements " is available to download for Free. 2000 plus pixel resolution files available!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @PaulGraves

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

As we have just launched Video on Elements, we are unable to provide this feature at the moment. However, this is something we are looking to implement in the future to help support and improve the discoverability of AJ tracks on the shopfront.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Previous Videohive Preview Image size was 590x332. Now we have to provide 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 size image for preview.

Now here the Watermark Policy from envato is missing. There should be a standard watermark file for these kind of high resolution images. As it is compulsory for the video previews.

Now on elements.envato.com Too there is no watermark on those illustrations and those are available to download for Free for the resolution of 2038x1359. No need to buy anything just zoom right click and download Thousands of illustrations. No need to buy any kind of subscription. One can use it for free for the web or HD production.

Please feel free to ask anything else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for answer. But I have another question.
What about video footage that requires attribution (CC BY 3.0 licence). It’s also some kind of problem if we can’t give links.

UPD:
We can’t simply give author name and title of the footage, because CC BY 3.0 requires a link.

If the same motion graphics clip is currently in FullHD and 4K as two separate items, how it will be on Elements? Only 4K version should be added?

1 Like

100% agree with you @redmotions. I don’t understand why they want to have full HD or higher image previews.
Both envato and authors will just lose sales

Just want to get some clarification about the High-Resolution Previews.

I’m about to update one of my After Effects project files on VideoHive, and that’s where I saw that it wants the larger size preview image. Under where I’ll select a preview image it says: “1920x1080 or 2560x1440 (recommended) JPEG”

However, in the Envato Market help center article called “A step-by-step guide to the upload process”, it still says “Image Preview: Create a 590x300 JPG for your preview image.” So this is no longer the required size? I should upload the larger size?

Hi @Fizzrock,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, authors will need to upload their image previews in the size outlined for specific item types. For video items, it is recommended to use a high resolution preview image size with these dimensions: 2560 x 1440. The minimum size requirement for your preview images are 1920 x 1080 (16:9).

This was outlined in the preview images article and full process for preparing video items in the initial announcement post (above):

Please review those help center articles and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi @DOGmotion

We appreciate your question - We are currently looking at this now and will let you know when we have an update very soon.

Hi @redmotions

We have now added a full HD version (1920x1080) of the new Envato watermark. You can find it here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203269610-Watermarking-Files

Maybe you should have thought this through before launching! Why should AJ authors provide free music to VH authors if they can’t link back to our music? Music is a pretty important part of videos! It’s high time Envato/Videohive realize this and start treating AJ authors with respect!

No link to music? No music!

1 Like

Hi @PurpleFogSound,

I appreciate your feedback.

We completely understand that attribution is an important issue to address and we’re currently working on a solution - We will keep you, and the rest of the author community updated.

Thanks,
Sarah.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.