Updated my theme now locked due to register license

Question… I had recently updated a Wordpress theme I purchased several months earlier. Installed and worked fine until update. Now asking me to register the license product code etc for it to work. It has locked me out of the entire theme and my domain has a blank screen. It states that I must enter my product license for this to work.

I re-installed the earlier version of the theme and it works fine. Did TF recently add a required license key for each domain or did the author do this?

Any help…thanks

The author may have done so, you should contact them and check. What happened when you entered your purchase code?

2 Likes

I re-installed the earlier version of the theme and it works fine. Did TF recently add a required license key for each domain or did the author do this?

So in other words, you are using the theme in more domains with only one purchase, otherwise you’ll not complain or re-install the earlier version :slight_smile:

By default, the author can’t lock functions of the theme, so the theme needs to work as per demo without a valid license. If you are using the theme in only one domain, as per license terms, why don’t you register your product? Simple thing.

It never required the license code to work on the original release for the domain. So I now entered the purchase code and the domain it is for and it still will not work. Contacted author and no reply as of yet for 3 days.
Thanks for reply.

Hi An-Themes,
First of all I am not using a theme on multiple domains. The theme was purchased several months ago and installed it. It never asked for a license key until the new update. Simple as that. Waiting to hear from author on this but to no avail as of yet.

Thanks

Hi @Pandora_Black

Ok, now I see that you did added the license key (you didn’t mention that in the first message), but the product didn’t work. In that case, contact Envato Support as this is prohibited to block functions of a theme and more if the author does not provide support for it.