Updated Header & Footer Design

Well, it seems it’s on pure luck now, to sell on ThemeForest.
We can’t even do “paid advertising” anymore.
After all, does it make any sense to drive paid / organic traffic to our portfolio?

A total of 3 LINKS advertising ELEMENTS on each page of ThemeForest including authors’ items’ description pages?.

Are you serious?

3 Likes

Just adding that I’m also not impressed by the extent of the Elements takeover of all marketplace pages. It’s like the marketplaces are just a gateway through which you want customers to move over to Elements.

3 Likes

In my opinion a desktop browser has a mouse which makes the experience different from a touch based device and that quick link was very useful to authors… You can at least check if the user has a touch screen, if true leave the mobile behavior as it is, if false use mouseenter, mouseleave to show the popup and allow the link to be clicked.

Looks nice! Especially with my new shiny 1 year of membership badge. :smiley:

Totally agree, did not even notice it right away. It as you say on all pages, including our portfolios, item pages comments etc.

This has to be changed or there is going to be a riot :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks good, but there’s enough room left in the header to move Forums to it’s own link. Plus the spacing before “Our products” looks odd and the icon is pretty ugly and non-intuitive, maybe make it look more like a dropdown?

At least then place all marketplaces in the same way in the footer and header on elements and other marketplaces and advertise it as much as you do here.

I wasn’t on the marketplace for awhile and when I entered I almost got a hard attack. Yeap it looks good but the
UX is -10000000. Also the “Our products” is misleading and drawing people away from the marketplace. I am really waiting for one good move from Envato.

Cheers.

3 Likes

You are so right, the “Our products” list should be at the bottom of the page, not in the header.

Well, at least Envato Elements is no longer showing as huge green link in the header! Please leave it that way! The brutal advertising done with that all over the place is enough! 20.000 subscribers to Elements and 56.000 authors hate it. :slight_smile:

Other than that. Please add the anchor to dashboard on click again. That was really useful!

1 Like

I didn’t noticed at first,but that appearing BUY NOW button when you scroll down on item page is an Awesome feature!

Looks nice :smiley:
But agree with @Enabled: please change author name link from # back to link to dashboard (on desktop)

It’s not working on my end. Can you (or anyone) also confirm this?
Also tried this by using VPN (connecting from another country)

We finally had something GOOD for user experience (as our history with you clearly confirms the pattern of “consistently ruining what works” , was really amazed to see anything here that is beneficial to user experience), and now it’s removed??

1 Like

I still don’t see it despite the fact that I am using VPN and also tried with a different browser.

That’s one of A/B tests they’re running. There are a lot more. Have you seen the new products list where there’re no 80*80 icons, and big product images are used instead? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean those UGLY big previews? Unfortunately yes.

1 Like

:grimacing:

This would be better, don’t you think?
Get your hands off from authors’ items’ pages!

5 Likes

Hehehe, or just well redirect all markets to elements and be done with it. :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes