update install error

hello,

trying to update from 1.2.9 to 1.2.9.6 and get the below error. any help would be appreciated.

Update Striking MultiFlex Themes

Downloading update from http://api.kaptinlin.com/themes/strikingr/verify-purchase/[purchase-code-redacted]/upgrade/from/1.2.9/to/1.2.9.6.zip…

Unpacking the package…

( ! ) Warning: copy(C:/wamp/www/wp/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/admin/update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\wp\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 243
Call Stack

Time Memory Function Location

1 0.0033 292960 {main}( ) …\update-core.php : 0
2 1.4547 34599128 do_action( ) …\update-core.php : 778
3 1.4547 34599576 WP_Hook->do_action( ) …\plugin.php : 453
4 1.4547 34599624 WP_Hook->apply_filters( ) …\class-wp-hook.php : 310
5 1.4547 34600096 call_user_func_array:{C:\wamp\www\wp\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php:286} ( ) …\class-wp-hook.php : 286
6 1.4547 34600560 upgradeHelper->update( ) …\class-wp-hook.php : 286
7 1.6147 34872720 Kaptinlin_Theme_Upgrader->upgrade( ) …\upgrade.php : 161
8 5.1191 34873480 WP_Filesystem_Direct->copy( ) …\upgrade.php : 213
9 5.1191 34873544 copy ( ) …\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php : 243

Could not copy files.

Installation Failed

Hey there, @wingfield65. Looks like a file is somehow missing from your theme - that’s no good!

I recommend that you contact the author of your theme (@kaptinlin) - they know their theme better than anyone, and can give you proper support and/or advice for this problem.

Here’s their support page:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

HI @wingfield65

Please download the latest version theme from your Dashboard Download tab. Downloads and try to install the update. If you have any issue still then The best way to get this answer is Contact your purchased Theme Author.

Note: Please keep a backup before update the theme.

Thanks

HI

This is James from the Striking Support Team. There is no theme file missing. I believe your host server does not have the Pear library archive_zip installed and thus is not able to unpack the update.zip from our api and run the update routine. I can see that the update routine commences its action to retrieve the zip from retrieved from our own update api server and then fails in the next set of functions where it attempts to unpack the zip, make a backup, copy in the update files, run the delete routine of purged files, etc.

Please note the routine for installing the update can fail for a variety of host side issues and the information provided does not provide the detail necessary but what I have described is the usual cause I run across for the failure code provided.

You can easily update regardless of this matter. Download the full theme package from ThemeForest which is a master containing several archives and some text docs. Unpack it and then open the unpacked folder, and one of the items will be “striking_r.zip”. Unpack this zip and then upload it by ftp doing an overwrite of the existing theme folder (path is host public root ->wp-content/themes/striking_r). By the way this is how everyone had to update wordpress sites from inception of WordPress until just a few short years ago when built in theme installers became a viable option.

Here is a brief tutorial on ftp updating on our forum:

FTP Instructions

and in this discussion I touch on the possible reasons the auto update can fail and I think I even cover your issue in it:

Updating if you are having an issue using the theme internal update function

Its uncommon for one of our theme owners (irrespective of the theme) to have update issues, but not unheard of and 99.9999999% of the time it is a host setup issue (we own a hosting company and have deep familiarity with wordpress hosting). FTP is your instant savior pending in-depth knowledge of the php setup, values and libraries installed for your host.

You are welcome to post on our support forum if you find you need further assistance at:.

Striking MultiFlex Support Forum

and a support service representative will respond to your query. No personal information is required to register, only your purchase id and an email. Please use the same name as your themeforest id.

Best Regards
Striking Team
James

Striking MultiFlex = Your Site Your Way!

3 Likes