Update Failed: error trying to update via the plugin

Per an email I got, I installed the Envato Market plugin and tried to update my Avada theme. It ran for a while (like 15+ minutes) without any idea what was going on. I decided to try it again but now it shows “Update Failed: error” as an error when I try to update Avada or Alyeska. Idea what is wrong and how to get the updates to work?

Hello!

If you have problems with your purchased item, I strongly recommend you to contact the author for bugfix support or check their documentation to see how to update the theme. In this case to reach the author of Avada theme please access this url: https://themeforest.net/item/avada-responsive-multipurpose-theme/2833226/support

Have an wonderful day!

The problem seems to be with the Envato Market plugin - not the theme. The issue exists with multiple themes I have installed.

Why not updating the theme manually? Simply remove old theme and re-install the new variant (simple as that :slight_smile: )

As I said before, contacting the author if a good start(they provide other methods to update your theme). :slight_smile:

Make sure to backup the site before upgrading.