Update: Envato Elements next steps.

Maybe they would like to replace all marketplaces with Elements but I think that will not work, we already see why. I think Elements will exist only as test place for other markets, especially if they include themes there.

1 Like

I think it will work

Let me tell you why

1. Because fotolia already works ( up to 50% commission < 70% ) so with this move Envato will get 20% more then it gets now.
  2. There are too many authors. They don’t need lots of authors, they need lots of clients, so clients they already have

So if they manage to establish the nr of authors there (it doesn’t have to be elite authors from themeforest) It can be authors that are earning very low but with at least the same product quality. The authors will earn more then what they earn now, but they will earn less then what they can earn on themeforest if they were to get the same ammount of sales.

1. If is going to work or not time will tell, I think Envato is experimenting, but this I bet they think about it
1 Like

Won’t work for WordPress. And we already see unsatisfied customers.

1 Like

I don’t think they care about unsatisfied customers. Take a look at the approach they are taken.

They are looking at the numbers.

So how many customers we have ? Does the earning are increasing per/total ?

Don’t forget that unsatisfied customers already exist on Themeforest.

And also Envato made it clear on Elements

Future proof licensing, even if you unsubscribe

If you unsubscribe, you can’t use items from Envato Elements any more. But any existing uses that you registered are still covered. Now that’s peace of mind!

If they don’t care about authors they will have to care about customers one day when there are many unsatisfied. And that will happen if customers can get only not supported and not updated themes on Elements.

Elements can work for big agencies like that is the case in e.g. Shutterstock subscribe model and mostly for images, templates etc. but not for themes. There will always be small customers who just need one theme+support for long time, Elements are not for them, at least not for long time.

I also have impression Elements will become something like Istockphoto in stock industry, they will get only one part of market because of specific design that appears there.

Please, please and even more pleases. If I click X on the Envato Elements header banner it means I don’t want to see it, meaning, like everyother site on planet Earth, don’t delete the cookie after 3 days. Stop showing that thing after it’s closed! This feels like such SPAM and cheap marketing. This is frustrating! I can understand the nonchalant advertising everywhere but at least leave us as authors alone. We’re suffering way more than enough for this!

Stop popping up ads that we close!!!

24 Likes

It’s already SPAM and cheap marketing.

1 Like

@BenLeong need buy clarification on elements and it’s licencing.

1. Can I use elements items like graphics and HTML template to build WordPress with added value and sell it on themeforest ?

2. How the updates on item will work for downloaded items with my clients, will API work to auto update from their dashboard.

3. Is there any access levels ? Or can I add different users(my clients who are using elements items) to my elements a/c.

4. Is there any price guarantee for $29/month for lifetime ?

5. Is it unlimited download for lifetime untill we are subscribed to elements ?

Thanks, any reply would be very helpful.