Update: Envato Elements next steps.

Hi if your see the popular items, it’s indicates drop sales in some categories in Graphicriver compare to last few moths. Mine dropped more than 40%… does anyone feel the same? :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

2 Likes

Hey folks,

We’re happy to announce that the first of the Web Templates category will be available on Elements today.

A reminder, that this will initially include:

Site Templates
Email Templates
Landing Page Templates
Admin Templates

2 Likes

I though the item in envato element must be unique not the one that still selling in the themeforest, because many email template in the Element are still selling in the normal market as well.

Officially i do not love envato any more :stuck_out_tongue: You just went Gordon Gecko on us. Envato is not only one doing marketing. All the money and effort that went into advertising our products and then when potential buyers visit our profiles or items on tf they see that nasty big banner telling them, “hey get here we have all of this for really good price”

A really nasty move… which already affected other markets when you launched elements.
I am so disappointed :frowning:

But us advertising our own products and stores from our profiles is a NO NO? At-least give us access to mails from our buyers. You are already exploiting our work to the maximum.

3 Likes

Sadly, that is your issue.
If you knew some stuff, you could have easily have your clients emails. which is alloweded.
Artbees, have done a great system to get the details of their clients, by having them register to their site, and generate a license to either get support, or use their theme.

Instead of getting disappointed, learn to adapt your business.

We do have our own mailing list, we are in this business for a while now. But still we do not have any tools that we need and traffic is getting rerouted constantly.

@matthewcoxy i dont get it man. how the heck do you expect folks like me to keep going? Im not elite so I cant upload more than 1 item, im not invited to elements so i cant get involved there, just being brushed to the side a totally mugged off

2 Likes

A mailing list, is nothing compared with the stuff you can do and how you can increase your sales.
It is not what tools envato uses only, It is about how you can also grow and scale your company.
It does not matter how long you are selling, if you do not know how to scale that type of business, by the way.

Selling themes, through a marketplace, is not like Selling as an agency. You can use envato and convert / grow your own tools, but it does require knowledge and ideas. Most of you guys are simple either designers or developers or seo/project managers. Envato is a marketplace, and grow a business through a marketplace, requires - knowledge on specific topics.

I really want an answer for all the authors that pay money to bring customers to their product page and right there it is a colorful banner that offers them the same thing at a lower price? And that banner is the most attractive thing on that page! It’s the first thing you see!

3 Likes

I dont think you’ll have an answer because it is what it is: incredibly unfair. I have no words to describe how dishonest and unfair this must be to people who have invested their own money, tools and time to bring new customers to Envato marketplaces.

2 Likes

Actually its a bit hard for you to know the extend of our business and how we evolve it. In any case even if we would not be a part of envato market it is still not morally right. It’s an exploit of resources that quite a big chunk we brought to them on our own.

Are you guys considering to put WordPress category into Envato Element in the future?

1 Like

Sure they will.

If they do then it would be ashamed. Because they will make pricing war on WordPress theme category even worst.

2 Likes

Forget Envato, they don’t care about us, they think just in their own benefit, this is why they are driving to the death, this is the price they pay for hurting us. First: they put a lot of taxes on our back, after a silly USA move ‘that would bring us more US buyers’ nobody saw it up now. Second: Envato Elements, they are so silly that they created a business to compete with their already existing business and this way kill authors once for all. Third: Price war, once they enable author driving price, they enabled price war, I have just seen a theme with 120 demos for $19 USD this is ridiculous this will kill the entire theme market. It is time to search for an alternative job, this is becoming unsustainable.

10 Likes

You should try fixing the search bar on the elements site, it doesn’t work. EDIT Figured it out.

This sounds like the nail in the coffin in so many levels… Now it’s only a matter of time when the announcement comes about WordPress, and most of the WordPress authors with some self respect pull out. The ones who don’t either won’t have anything to lose, or will get a really good offer from Envato ( I expect these the top X grossing authors).
I had a feeling this was coming, didn’t expect it to happen so soon. Oh well, good thing we’re already on track out of here. Bad for customers, and terrible for authors. Such wow, no more comment.

p.s. Elite authors should, and probably will - team up and make their own marketplace.

9 Likes

95% of Envato authors right now:

23 Likes

This is the next step! and what they mean from “More!” is “WordPress”.
It’s just an annunciation to TF authors to change their business because Envato is trying to kill TF to make more money for himself!

6 Likes

I will glad to see WordPress Template also :blush: