Upcoming changes to our Performing Rights Organization (P.R.O.) policy on AudioJungle

Its all yours.

1 Like

Good news!!! Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
P.S. Forum alive. I have not seen for a long time, so much activity in here :slight_smile:

Great news! I’m a USA, BMI P.R.O. member.
One question… the tracks that I submit to AJ, do I have to also register them with my P.R.O… BMI?

1 Like

Absolutely crucial that IPI numbers are used!

I’m extremely surprised that Envato have overlooked this.

2 Likes

Thanks you! So my understanding is that the authors are the publishers also yes?

Yes, correct.

1 Like

Just found this at PRSformusic -

9. Do I have to submit my Membership Number when registering
a work?

Yes. When royalties are distributed, we use the Membership number to
track the member’s individual royalty payments. If a Membership number
cannot be assigned to a work then no royalties will be paid out.

Yes I know it’s for registering a work but if there’s no IPI/CAE number with the cue, the composer runs a risk of not getting his/her due royalties.

4 Likes

Yeah! This is great news! Thanks to envato for moving forward on this!

I apologize if this is covered already - I looked but didn’t see my questinos:

1. Will I need to go back through my catalog and enter my PRO info on each of my tracks?

2. Will tracks be registered by AJ if the PRO option is selected, or will I need to register each track with my PRO individually?

hi! I have disabled PRO. What will happen in this case? Thank you

Everything will remain the same as before for you.

I have no pro also but I think you can change it later date.

1. No. The PRO setting is for the whole account.
  2. You need to register your tracks on your own with your PRO.
1 Like

Great News! It was about a time this to happen here!

Full Support and CAE / IPI number should be included too.

2 Likes

Hello, I am embarrassed by this:

This means that the existing policy of ban P.R.O. Tracks will change radically after October 4? But now it is clearly written that registered in P.R.O. tracks are not allowed on AJ. By selecting the item “I belong P.R.O.” all account tracks are automatically P.R.O., contrary to the current policy. It is written that nothing will happen to you, just want to know the information, would not it be such that all registered P.R.O. accounts will be removed in the future after October 4? Silly? Pessimistic?

That is the old information. I’m sure that field will be removed when the new rules are in place. The new rules are from the 4th of October. Anyone who doesn’t choose either non-PRO och PRO setting for their account will get their account disabled. Not deleted. Not sure what you’re asking?

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I just realized that I checked the profile setting directly from ThemeForest instead of AudioJungle, and there is no such thing there :slight_smile:

It is better to choose? Not P. R. O. affiliation, or I have a P.R.O. affiliation. Thank you

intersting, If now on AJ are 438k items, after all that unused accounts will be deleted how many items will remain ? :slight_smile: Somebody can estimate ?

2 Likes

sorry, what means “of the left” ?

Sorry ))) I meant to remain half )