Upcoming changes to our Performing Rights Organization (P.R.O.) policy on AudioJungle

@DirusRoland
Well, right now i’m not receiving anything at all. So what are you talking about?

1 Like

Sounds good to authors, BUT how do we know that buyers are aware that royalties only have to be paid (by the broadcaster) if the music gets in broadcast or is publicly played (does YouTube even count here??) ?
Won’t the PRO affiliation be a huge No-No for a large part of the buyers, because they’ll think that there’s additional hassle and costs with them anyway?
How will AJ communicate about this, and how can we make sure that buyers get the message?

6 Likes

That’s an excellent question, I am very worried about this also.

1 Like

Some?/most?/all? PROs lets you register your tracks as “library music” or “production music” and let you act as the publisher for sync and reproduction.

As I said above, I think we need a more transparent Buyer’s Info (pdf) with clear example usages and comparisons of any effect PRO or non-PRO has on the buyer @EricSchwartz. Right now it reads “if in doubt choose non-pro”.

This is great news overall, however, and sets my mind (slightly more) at ease over how the Author Driven Pricing scenario will play out.

1 Like

That’s indeed a tricky question.

Buyers have to get informed that PRO (information) is just something they need to pass along and that it’s just something relevant for broadcasters. Oh god I need a second coffee… it’s too early to get in such discussions… A newsletter and a visible FAQ section would be enough. Something in the items description, like the adrev banner would be smart too.

I’m sure at least 50% of the buyers are aware of this situation. Audiojungle isn’t the only site for licensing music.

2 Likes

I think there was raised similar questions when AdRev registration was allowed, which affect the buyers much more than PRO registration. And its my impression this didn’t affect sales much.

2 Likes

Yeah, then they have to clear there link :smiley: lot of work :smiley:

Huge thanks for doing this @Enrize.

Eric will answer a batch of the questions when he comes back online tomorrow, but thanks for helping :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will AudioJungle divide the Authors scan results and Priority of appearance in the website by P.R.O. and None P.R.O. ?

I have a bad feeling about this… hopfully I’m wrong and there will be no affect in any way.

Can somebody from AJ please explain it?

1 Like

I hope it will help a lot of authors :slight_smile:

I will also update current questions as soon as more detailed or correct answers will appear.

3 Likes

I’ve given you a background colour so the thread “pops”. Hugely appreciate your help!

1 Like

Yes, but instead of the suggested checkbox…

(from the Author Help Article Draft):

…that includes either ALL music or only non-PRO music, how about having a dropdown menu with three choices:

1. All music,
  2. Only PRO music,
  3. Only non-PRO music.

Making it difficult for buyers to sort out the PRO tracks doesn’t make much sense to me. Wasn’t one of the reasons behind this to allow for high quality PRO registered music on AJ? If buyers still need to wade through the 260,000 non-PRO tracks to find them, it’s not going to be easy for anyone. On top of this there’s the title weight issue - most pre registered PRO tracks are (most likely) not custom titled to suit the AJ search engine. “Normal” titles do not stand a chance here, as we’ve learned. And so much fun registering 100 tracks named “Inspiration” with the local PRO :sunglasses:

Enabling a search filter to only show PRO registered tracks would serve to balance the results, IMO.

4 Likes

What about CAE numbers? When I saw this, I thought that Audio Jungle would be requesting our CAE numbers along with the PRO information? Otherwise, if a track is sold, and the customer needs to fill out a cue sheet, how will they know what CAE number to put?

4 Likes

Yesss! Been waiting for this :blush:

Hi, currently I’m not P.R.O. member but will be able to opt-in to this option if in the future we want to affiliate to some organization?

I mentioned this earlier as well. CAE is called IPI for most PROs these days. This needs to be added!

2 Likes

Wow! Again changes are coming? Interesting:)

Haha, yeah. This is going to be hilarious when registering tracks with PRO. Some PROs might require alternative titles because of too many similarities. Also why CAE/IPI is so badly needed for the cue sheets.

2 Likes

Yes definately! I thought this would be a box next to the PRO option, but then i didn’t see it,

I almost don’t see the point of this whole exercise unless the end customer has my CAE number when they purchase my file, otherwise the royalties are never going to get back to me!

Come on Audio Jungle! This is a VERY important piece of the puzzle here that you’ve missed out on!

2 Likes