Unlimited downloads.

Hey Mojo…I appreciate your voice, we all do, but what’s done is done. Everyone involved made their decisions including the top selling authors. THEY decided that this is a good idea for their business. We’ll find out soon enough. For me it amounts to a grand contradiction. On one hand the author is asking $20 to $59 for one sync license" On the other hand that same author is offering the same material for $16.50 a month all you can eat and then collects based on some weird points formula?

I am just not going to do it and I am still scratching my head as to why these folks jumped on board? They must have seen or were given private data to win over their trust and confidence that a certain amount of revenue would get to them each month. This is why they all stay dead silent. They know something we don’t know and probably signed NDA’s to keep their lips sealed.

Amazingly someone had $49 a moment ago to buy 1 track from me. I think it’s time we just forget about this new business model and move forward with our own business.

So, are saying/hoping that the income you receive from the Elements program will offset the potential income you may be losing by not participating in Elements?

Do you know how many buyers have subscribed to Elements? Does anyone? It seems to me that it will take tens of thousands of subscribers in order for an author to see any kind of significant payout.

I’m having trouble seeing the upside. And, believe me, I’m trying to see the upside!

Thanks for your honesty. This confirms what I said above. As we all know, below all the sugar coating this here is a brutal, and failing (for most individual authors) business. I can’t really see how the Elements model can be sustainable for those who joined but I guess it’s who survives the longest now. It would be great if you stick around and keep us outsiders informed about how this Elements thing develops for you. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks a lot for joining the conversation, no need to hide under a anonymous account, but if thats more comfortable, of course. No one should be disrespected for joining Elements.

I would like to clearify from my perspective, this is not about “fighting” a big corporation. Its about making Envato aware of that it could actually make much more money, which would benefit all of us. Especially you guys currently in Elements.

The current Elements model is undervaluing music in a new dimension that has never been done before through subscription (at least none I have heard of). There is simply more money to be made here. And that should be a common interest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Steelsound and Mojo, you are the sound of reason and logic.

Steelsound’s high price strategy looked scary at first glance. But starting from 1st of november, i raised my price to 29 dollars. And ıt worked like a charm.

I’m fairly new to this stock music business. Yes It’s been one year. But it was all about learning process and some sales for sure.

When i have a bigger portfolio. I’ll raise the prices even higher.
In my new tracks the people will see more real instruments even vocals. I just finished a country/western track with real guitars and vocals. It’s waiting to be reviewed.

So the best choice for those who do not participate in Elements is to create high quality tracks and mind his own business.

Thanks and good luck!

2 Likes

Another thing is the promotion side of things. I believe all of us do our best to promote our music outside and bring traffic to AudioJungle, being it personal websites, youtube, soundcloud, you name it. Everybody has their methods I believe, both sides benefit from it. AudioJungle as a platform has grown from our combined efforts.

Will elements authors be willing to invest in it’s promotion? Won’t it just dilute their earnings even more? Will it be worth it for them?

1 Like

@Noteddievedder. How do you see this as generating “extra” money when by default you reduced your price to $16.50 a track? When you break it down to one buyer they can get your track on market for $20 or select to subscribe for $16.50 then cancel the account. How will this create more revenue for you? Or are you just hoping for the best? Have you tried raising your prices on market to make more money? I have said many times that more money can be earned with less units sold BUT at a higher price. So my advice to you would be try raising your prices on market first. I have added only a few new items since ADP and I can conclude that adding new and more content does not increase revenue, but raising prices does work. Try it.

I am not going to attack anyone, I am literally just trying to get into the heads of those who decided to try this model. It seems so illogical on every level. I just do not see millions of customers coming in here and subscribing away. And that is what it will take to produce the revenue.

2 Likes

And Elements will never do as good. And the money AJ brings you will be less than it used to.

How are you going to support your family when you’ll get fraction of cents per download? Are you hoping to be downloaded millions of times? I really don’t get it. I’ll leave it at that, as I don’t want to spook you away.

I have to say that leaving aside all other considerations, Elements doesn’t seem to be any like so much fun as AudioJungle. No excitement of getting a sale, no idea which of your tracks are doing well or badly, no idea how your sales compare to other authors, no sense of which are the new popular genres, no individual branding for authors, no real sense of a community of authors.

5 Likes

Agreed. And the overall aesthetic feels forced and cheap as you browse. You click on someone’s track and you still hear the “audio jungle” watermark. This is that moment when customers will say “Oh…wow…this author also sells on AJ.” Then they click over to AJ and that’s when price confusion sets in “hmmmm…they’re asking $39 on aj for 1 standard license, but they also are offering their entire catalog for $16.50 in elements.”

The sales stats is not an issue for me. I actually wish it would disappear from this market, nor is the sense of “community”. Elements is nothing but cheap solutions for those who do not have any money but simultaneously it creates a major not requested cost savings for opportunistic corporate clients who actually have a budget.

My friend give me free invite to google play music family subscribe, he paid for that, but i dont download all music, just few albums, same thing with my splice account, i dont need all stuff. But audiojungle looks now more expencive for buyers…

I can’t for the life of me understand how this model is sustainable or good for the market in any imaginable way.

People are paying more for licenses than they used to. So why ruin that??

The numbers just don’t seem to add up, no matter how many ways I try to crunch them.

Like they say, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

I’ve come up with a question that you might all find interesting. :slight_smile:

-There are those who spoke and said they’d never join Elements.
-The ones who admitted they would, had they been invited.
-One comment from someone who joined, and explained why.

Can anyone of you say that you’ve refused the offer to join Elements on Aj?

1 Like

That’d be interesting to know indeed. I thought I had read somewhere they were inviting 100 authors for the launch (I could remember wrong though). Currently there must be only a dozen of them. So, did 80 something authors tell Envato to go jump in a lake?

1 Like

And it seems a lot of them are either reviewers, part of the Envato administration or authors who have been with AJ from the start.

3 Likes

It´s quite hard to understand and I´m trying as well. To get a grip of it I think we have to look at it in more extreme numbers over time. If we do a fictional example for “entertainment purposes”:

Lets say the next 12 months 10% of the customer mass (all Envato markets) are transferred into Elements through banners and shopping cart ads etc.

Envato has currently 9 million users, most buyers, most of them are active. 10% would be 900 000 buyers. 900 000 buyers x $198 (yearly subscription fee) = $178 200 000 . Authors get 50% of this 178 200 000 - 50% = $89 100 000. Lets say there are 500 authors from all the markets in Elements: 89 100 000 divided to 500 authors = $178 200 on average throughout 12 months. This is of course if everybody chooses yearly plan.

If we divide this into monthly payments $178 200 divided by 12 = $14 850 per month “average” author payment. Of course there will be huge differences between authors and categories of media.

Please correct me if my math is totally on the wrong planet here…

If anyone have numbers of actual Elements customers before Audio was introduced it would be super interesting.

1 Like

To me the idea is simply to drive the prices down. Only a $5 track stands a chance against a $16.50 unlimited subscription.

I see it the other way, only a unique or outstanding quality track (priced respectfully) can compete with Elements (unless that track is also in Elements)… But time will tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, let’s meet halfway. Only a unique or outstanding quality track (priced at $5) can compete with Elements. :smile:

If the things will continue to going down like they do,then there’s no point to be an Envato author.
It will be much simplier to play in cover band, make music for some commercials and arrangements for semi-pro, pro-artists.
And there’s will be no stressing out about losing income and sales.
It’s all very sad,actually.
I’m feeling like in a horror movie,where I’m the guy who dies first

1 Like