Unable to load paid Theme

Could you advise as to this issue and assist in why this won’t load? I have a fresh website and went to load the theme as I have for any other website that I have ever made and it will not load and with this error msg. Since this is my first paid theme that I am using I would like to be able to use it for the nonprofit that I am creating.

Installing Theme from uploaded file: themeforest-16792781-giving-hand-charityfundraising-wordpress-theme.zip
Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

You are trying to install the wrong file.

Go to your downloads page >> click download button >> choose “Installable WordPress File Only” and use that zip file.

When you refer to “your downloads page” do you mean the downloads page on my computer or are you referring to the downloading of the theme? When I click then download button on the theme (in the envato website) it downloads everything and does not give me an opportunity to choose “installable wordpress file only”. The theme I am referring to is themeforest-4036037-buzz-a-fun-news-theme-for-wordpress. Sorry to be thick but I should be grateful for any guidance.

www.themeforest.net/downloads (Assuming you are logged in)

There should be a drop down arrow on the right of the download button where you can choose which file to choose?

If you can really only get the main files (all WP themes should have the installable option) then you need to open that folder and locate JUST the theme folder/zip in there

The download button for my buzz theme does not have a down arrow to allow selection of files. I have located four zip files (after downloading the theme) which are:
buzz
buzz_1.4
buzz_1.5
buzz_child

Do I need to make these one file before trying to upload?

No - I would suggest 1.5 first then the child if you want to use that.

The author no longer supports this theme which would otherwise be he first point of call.

Thank you very much for your help. As the theme was written three years ago and is no longer supported by the author I will abandon trying to upload it as I suspect it will be more trouble than it’s worth.

Kind regards

Les Ryan