Ukulele Plug-In?

Hi guys,

I want to make an Ukulele song and have many software that do offer Ukulele as a VST (Acoustic Legends, Wavesfactory Ukulele, etc) but none of these have rhythmical pattern played (only strums and arpeggios) like there are for example in Stainberg’s Virtual Guitarist.

So I was wondering, if I could play the desired rhythmical pattern on my acoustic guitar and, if possible, to apply some plug-in on the track that would make the sound more like an Ukulele rather then acoustic guitar?

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!
Ile

If you can play the guitar it will be much easier to just buy a ukulele, and it will sound more organic.

GroovingGecko said

If you can play the guitar it will be much easier to just buy a ukulele, and it will sound more organic.

+1

http://www.wavesfactory.com/ukulele-strum.php I bought.Nice sound.

best sellers in Aj https://soundcloud.com/wavesfactory/ukulele-strum-your-little?in=wavesfactory/sets/ukulele-strum

I second the Wavesfactory recommendation. Really nice sound, and the sample triggering scheme is very intuitive (a lot of strumming instrument samples are essentially just loops, but Wavesfactory’s allow you more flexibility, meaning that you’re not locked into preset strumming patterns).

Be sure to pick up their picked uke samples too-- equally excellent.

If you have a classic guitar with nylon strings, you can achieve easily the sound of ukulele … just put a capo, mute the bass strings, and you’re done. I know that many wouldn’t agree, but I tried it and it worked for me :slight_smile: You can hear it in this song, starting 01:04: http://audiojungle.net/item/calm-over-the-rainbow/6360334

Cheers,

Make a Uke song like millions of others ? :S Why ? Be different !

Hi guys,

Thank you a lot for your replies and recommendations.

I think that the idea of buying an Ukulele would be most ideal solution for me.

EfeDemirMusic and Cubesound, I’ve listened to your tracks, they sound very good, congratulations :slight_smile:

marb67, I can make an Ukulele song and still be different :slight_smile: I don’t think that the solution for ‘being different’ is stop making an Ukulele songs.

Thank you again to all for your replies.
Ile

1 Like
marb67 said

Yes, and please stop using guitars too, I mean, EVERYONE plays the guitar. And the piano? Come on, it’s been done. Be different, a rebel, don’t conform to society, use rocks and squirrel hair.

I almost forgot, stay away from drums. Literally MILLIONS of songs have drums in them. Seriously, come up with something new.

And while we’re on the subject. Strings in cinematic music? I’m so tired of them, it seems like every single cinematic track uses strings. WHY?

1 Like
prestashopthemes said
marb67 said

Yes, and please stop using guitars too, I mean, EVERYONE plays the guitar. And the piano? Come on, it’s been done. Be different, a rebel, don’t conform to society, use rocks and squirrel hair.

I almost forgot, stay away from drums. Literally MILLIONS of songs have drums in them. Seriously, come up with something new.

And while we’re on the subject. Strings in cinematic music? I’m so tired of them, it seems like every single cinematic track uses strings. WHY?

lol I did want to make the same argument, but didn’t wanted to sound sarcastic.
It is great that you have allowed your self that : ))
I hope it is not against AJ forums policy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing wrong in debate about music :slight_smile: I feel the same that too much Cinematic trailer, Uke, uplifting positive etc. I have a uke but not using it. I could do cinematic stuff as I have the sounds but I avoid. Too many people doing it.

1 Like
SpaceMusic said
prestashopthemes said
marb67 said

lol I did want to make the same argument, but didn’t wanted to sound sarcastic.
It is great that you have allowed your self that : ))
I hope it is not against AJ forums policy. :slight_smile:

:))))
Oh, and stop using that winds and reeds on every damn song; they’re so obsolete. Be creative, use some beer bottles instead - it’ll be soooooooo mouch cooler :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make a song with this library! http://www.uvi.net/en/musical-toys/complete-toy-museum.html
I was blown away by the demos, now, would I save up just to spend 500 bucks for it? Probably not, but I would still love this library.

Erick_McNerney said

Make a song with this library! http://www.uvi.net/en/musical-toys/complete-toy-museum.html
I was blown away by the demos, now, would I save up just to spend 500 bucks for it? Probably not, but I would still love this library.

Yeah, they sound really cool and clear :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing.

marb67 said

LOL I have Ukulele Opera, Cinematic songs with Uke, Ukulele SKA and also Ukulele Dubstep in my portfolio :slight_smile: You can see how many sales i got on this songs. Hi, hi :smiley:

PaBlikMM said
marb67 said

LOL I have Ukulele Opera, Cinematic songs with Uke, Ukulele SKA and also Ukulele Dubstep in my portfolio :slight_smile: You can see how many sales i got on this songs. Hi, hi :smiley:

Reminds me to the Film "Forest Gump"....grilled Shrimps, cooked Shrimps, Shrimps with ....Uke with Shripms....hm
CHA! I like your Dubstep Ukulele Story, lol nice crossgenre...haha
Waderman said
PaBlikMM said
marb67 said

Reminds me to the Film "Forest Gump"....grilled Shrimps, cooked Shrimps, Shrimps with ....Uke with Shripms....hm
CHA! I like your Dubstep Ukulele Story, lol nice crossgenre...haha

Thanx Dirk :slight_smile:

I get Uke because of Jamie (not sure how he made me to :D) and i promised him (in a comment or forum thread - not sure) that i will use the power of my new Uke-lilght-sabre somehow (and sometimes) in different ways than ususal :slight_smile:

CHA!

Yes Pavel I think you promised me Ukulele Apocalypse :slight_smile: I’m impressed with you non conventional applications of the uke my friend. Many congrats on the great success you’re having here! I feel compelled to say “I told you so” :wink: Hope all is well with you Pavel and keep up the great work! J

Erick_McNerney said

Really good library :slight_smile:

SpaceMusic said
Erick_McNerney said

Yeah, they sound really cool and clear :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing.

EfeDemirMusic said
Erick_McNerney said

I just noticed they have some Ukelele’s sampled too lol
But still, it’s 500 bucks.
I would buy Omnisphere before I bought this lol.
But still, the library seems insanely high quality and very unique.