Two-Factor Authentication

Excellent! Thank you! :+1:

Thanks for you great work! Have been waiting for this for long time :smiley:

This is great news.

Awesome , really really need this one for more account protection . thanks envato <3

Good :slight_smile:

I was happy they announced the two factor authentication but it doesn’t seams to work. I activated it on my account but never asked me for key when using different laptop or computer or even phone!

Does anyone test it!?

It might be because your IP adress did not change. Try using different location

1 Like

Hi there, when you have active 2FA, each time you log into Envato you are required to enter an authentication code. Once you’re logged in you will not have to re-enter the code until you log out again and try to log in again.

It sounds like you might already be logged in on your other devices. Can you try signing out, and back in again and let us know if you’re prompted for the authentication code?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! Good suggestion but just letting you know that you’ll be prompted for the 2FA code for each browser or device you log into Envato from. So even if the IP is the same you’ll still need to enter the authentication code.

Yes that’s correct.

Thank you. I suggest that u add an option to sign out from all like google do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please add option to view all signed in devices, possibility to end all sessions on all devices with one click and also view sign in history IP and date. That would be perfect. Thank you!

4 Likes

Make sure when you choose to use 2FA and lose access to the method you use with 2FA it can restrict you from your account as it does mobile phones. 2FA is a great security tool but not used right can work out pretty expensive.

1 Like

This is great! Done!

Thanks a lot for this feature!

Is it possible to automatically focus the authentication code input field as soon as it shows up? I’m always typing the authentication code into the password field first, backspace a few times, click on the relevant input field, then type in the code again.

1 Like

What about variable factor authentication? Just let authors set as many security codes or questions as they want until they feel safe.

Indeed :slight_smile: It happenned to me too a couple of days ago. I was walking on the streets and lost access to 2FA app on my phone and I almost had an heart attack seeing that I cannot log in my Envato account :slight_smile: My backup codes were on my laptop, at home, 20 km away :slight_smile: Fortunately, I managed to reset the 2FA feature from the phone…

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion!

Hi there, thanks that’s a good suggestion. We’ll try to address this problem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.