Twenty20 members

Hey, Ben!
But i’ve got all payments from images licensed by June (T20 sent it all).
So it means i will get nothing in August? :slight_smile:

Hello Ben,

A bunch of us from twenty20 are finding out that envato is not user friendly. We can get logged in but none of us can locate our photos that were transferred over or how to upload new photos. Have any links or assistance for us people that are not very savvy on the computer?

1 Like

Hello @coreyb21 i am also from twenty20, welcome to envato authors forum. you can check youre email from envato elements. You’ll be able to view your Twenty20 portfolio on Elements with that link
Maybe this link will help you to searching youre portofolio

https://elements.envato.com/user/(youre account name on twenty)

example gallery_arief - Envato Elements

3 Likes

You can see youre selling?

1 Like

yes, use this page Sign In | Envato Account

2 Likes

We got paid in June but that was for May sales. T20 never explained very clearly that payments were for the month previous. It’s because of the subscription share method they use to figure out earnings. You should receive a payment in August for June sales as Ben described.

2 Likes

We will not be able to manage our portfolios or upload new images until sometime in September.

1 Like

Thank you MargJohnsonVA :pray:

You’re welcome. It is all very confusing compared to T20. Sorry if I’m misreading your comment, but if you can’t find your gallery, it is here: coreyb21 - Envato Elements

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

I’m getting logged in but can’t find my twenty20 photos when I sign in on my laptop. I’m seeing my photos from on the emails I received.

1 Like

The link you need is https://elements.envato.com/user/(your username here)

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll try it later. Thank you :pray: and I’ll pass it on to others as well.

3 Likes

never ever i had a postponed payment from T20 in all my 6 years with them :slight_smile: they always paid for a previous month :slight_smile: unless they paid me $300 bonus for merging with envato just to close the gap :laughing: thanx!

1 Like

Same with me… some of my top earners were not transferred. Give it time to settle in and then try a new upload. :wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m TTStock, a Londoner living in Holland’s oldest city, Dordrecht. I loved using Twenty20 but times are changing fast, especially in stock photography. Let’s hope Envato is as much fun as Twenty20 was. :smile:

4 Likes

Yup Twenty20 was fun and easy. Twenty20 also connected a community which most platforms are not obtaining in this day and age.

5 Likes

As a fellow photographer, we’d love to be able to connect the community more and be a place to discuss, critique, share and improve in our trade. Hopefully we can do that :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks we really would like to be part of the Envato community that can help us grow all round. I know we are living in a extremely competitive time where companies are competing to offer the lowest prices at the cost of the creator, but i hope this can be mutually beneficial for us all.

2 Likes

i had ~4500 images on twenty20 and made 70-120 dollar a month.
not much but that was ok for me as i could upload stuff to twenty20 that is not accepted on other places (no editorial stuff on adobe, files under a certain pixel resolution that are not accepted elsewhere etc.).
i also liked the challenges.

it was quick and easy to upload and 50% of my images found someone who downloaded them.
i think i was 2-3 years on twenty20.

from that 4500 images roughly 90 are transfered to envato.
a lot of images were not commercially cleared… but they could be, it´s just that twenty20 had them pending for years. but they are commercially accepted on other microstock websites.
anyway 90 images is a really low number. way lower than my worst expectations.

for example, i had roughly 400 images of a series on twenty20 that sell very well on shutterstock and adobe.
they are accepted on shutterstock, istock, adobe stock, alamy, dreamstimes, 123RF, picfair, depositphotos, pond5.

but they did not make it into envato?

the royalties i see at envato are 6 cent maximum at the moment.
many 0 cent and 1 cent sales.

0 cent sales, what is this?
and 1 cents… is this for a full resolution royalty free license?

that makes it worse than what i earn on getty, with 15% provision as non-exclusive getty contributor.
and i thought getty was as worse as it can get for contributors. :slight_smile:

i have to say that is not worth my time.

i may look for a few month what the earnings are but i doubt i will upload more when the average (as of this moment) earning is 2.54 cent per download.

i shoot my own foot when i sell images here that i can sell for more on other microstock websites.
i stopped uploading to getty because i am not supporting the devaluation of images and creative work.

4 Likes

I was a T20 Insider (volunteers who helped beta test, give feedback etc.) when the switch was made from earning $2 per download to the subscriber share earnings in October 2018. The T20 staff explained to us that the reason our earnings dipped so dramatically in the few months after that is because of needing the extra months of data to calculate our earnings. It is the same model that Envato uses. We just couldn’t see on T20 that our monthly payouts were actually for downloads made during previous months not the month we had just finished. But that is what was happening. Most people just didn’t know it. I can’t share the T20 explanation with you since everything was removed when it shutdown, but here’s the same explanation on Envato.

4 Likes