Tuts+ Premium: Worth It?

I want to learn all of the new stuff, and am looking for a good source for the job. I really think Tuts+ is a good choice, but the thing is… I will only ever want to use half of their subjects for tutorials. I have zero interest in audio/music, photography, flash/RIAs, and 3D graphics. The implied value is halved to me.

At the end of the day, it’s personal preference. I think it looks good and that you can learn a great deal from it, but then again, I’ve never bought a subscription…

try lynda.com they have 1000 different courses on anything you need to know

From my personal experience, it really worth the money.

Choosing an online training site really depends on what are your actual skills. If you are just a beginner, I suggest giving a try to http://teamtreehouse.com You can go from zero experience to a job-ready state in a couple of months. Trust me, this guys really know how to teach!
After you master the basics of web design and programming, you can pay the subscription in Tuts+ This is a great place to learn even further about Javascript and some more advanced concepts and techniques of web design. Also, you will have access to the full eBook library, with some interesting readings to go for.

Just to mention, I think that the videos at Lynda are a little bit outdated. I only watched a couple of courses that really worth it. Foundations of Programming: Databases, Foundations of Programming: Object-Oriented Design & JavaScript Essential Training all of them by the same author: Simon Allardice (He is an awesome teacher for programming. Recommended 100%)

Yes, I think it is completely your choice :), many competitors are in market offering very skillfull and quality courses .

It really depends on what you want to learn. There is free 30 day course on Tuts+ for HTML and CSS and also for jQuery - so you don’t need a subscription for it, and those training courses are really excellent… After that if you like it buy a subscription.

I’ve had premium on and off, but not in quite some time. I would look at what they had available and if it interested me, I would get a month. But I never found enough things relevant to me to warrant keeping an account permanently. Don’t forget the eBooks, if they interest you I think that makes it good value.

Jar said

I want to learn all of the new stuff, and am looking for a good source for the job. I really think Tuts+ is a good choice, but the thing is… I will only ever want to use half of their subjects for tutorials. I have zero interest in audio/music, photography, flash/RIAs, and 3D graphics. The implied value is halved to me.

lynda.com teamtreehouse.com