"Trending" doesn't work.

tips-and-tricks

There are products with 1 sale that are “trending”. I’m not clear on the benefits of this feature, even if it was working properly :wink:

Yeah, that doesn’t make any sense.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it counts views and comments as well as sales.

Hi,

This is what envato explained on the release of this feature:

“We measure the level of “excitement” that we think the community shows for each item within a specified period of time – as buyers interact with an item, by viewing it, purchasing it or rating it highly, we accumulate these interactions into a level of measured excitement that tracks changes over time. We’re able to calculate the “trending-ness” of an item by looking at how excitement levels have increased or decreased recently, and translating this into a score which we can use to compare items with each other. Items which have seen a rapid growth in excitement in a short period of time will be displayed with a “Trending” indicator when seen in search and can be filtered within search results.”

You can find more about this here: http://marketblog.envato.com/news/introducing-trending-and-recommendations-on-envato-market/

Hope this will clear some things up :relaxed:

In my experience, new items most of the time get the trending badge at the end of the day it’s released. But for old items, when the trending badge disappears the sales also decrease. When for some reason the old item start selling again, the trending badge will appear. Most likely it is caused by the number of views and interaction in some period.

How does it work?

The engine works by recognising patterns within the data we gather from the Market, and translates these dynamically into suggestions for every item, which are updated daily as new information becomes available. For example, if a particular theme is commonly purchased by users who also buy one of a number of photos or audio tracks which complement the theme, we’re more likely to suggest those relevant items to buyers who have purchased the theme. This isn’t the only data we take into consideration however, we also consider things like purchase history, ratings and bookmarks, and furthermore, we’re constantly adjusting the weights given to each in order to ensure the most relevant results.

Source: http://marketblog.envato.com/news/introducing-trending-and-recommendations-on-envato-market/