“Tracking Code doesn’t look valid” error while trying to add Google Analytics

Hello. I just tried to add Google Analytics in my author account by adding the id, but it’s throwing the abovementioned error. Anyone else facing the issue? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, make sure you input the correct format tracking code (example code: UA-1xxxxxxxx-x)

Hey. I think the format changed. I got something which starts like this: G-1XXXXXXXXX

If you’re working with an App + Web property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX

Thanks for the help. I had to create the old version of properties which is Universal Analytics property. It has the Tracking ID needed for Envato. Google Analytics 4 or App + Web properties only have Measurement ID which doesn’t work with Envato.

Hi my friend did you find any solution

If you use a web platform that requires you to provide a “UA-” ID (i.e. won’t accept a “G-” ID), you may not be able to use a Google Analytics 4 property.

I found this but don’t know how to create the old version of properties which is Universal Analytics property.

The format of the tracking code is like UA- i faced the issue and deleted the previous record on google analytics and opened and new property as my screenshot and it worked.