Track rejected, feedback please!

Hello!

As the title implies, my latest track has been rejected for not meeting the commercial quality standard. I would really love to get some feedback so I can improve on it.

Thank you all in advance!

Great introduction up to 30sec. Then the violin played in a different space and a lot of unnecessary effects appeared, which make the track absolutely unsuitable for use with video. A good musical idea is killed by inappropriate effects and mediocre mixing. Sorry if my review sounds harsh. This is my personal feeling about your track. And I really liked the introduction, after which there was disappointment. Good luck!

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll keep it in mind! At first the piece wasn’t meant to be used with video, just as a standalone track, that’s why there are a lot of “inappropriate” effects.

Regarding the mixing I will admit that is just about my weakest points, so if you have some specific feedback on that end that I can take with me for next time I would really appreciate it!

On this platform, most of the music is done just for the video. If this is a trailer, then the client will apply the effects himself if he needs them. If I were you, I would remove all non-musical sounds, immerse the violin in the same space with the rest of the instruments, replace the part and the drum sound, remove 1: 08-1: 22 and slightly equalize the dynamic range of the track as a whole. In my opinion, after these actions, it would be a great track. But this is my personal perception. Maybe someone else will write their opinion. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate it tons!

I like it very much! Great work!
I also got a lot rejects, so maybe my advice is not useful. It seems to me a problem with the dynamics.
A pack of instruments, sound, harmony, mood - super! Just a little improve with dynamics (in the culmination is a little mess and too loud).
Good luck and don’t give up!!! :+1:

Thank you very much for the kind words!

And also thank you for the tip, I will keep it in mind for future projects!

1 Like

Good ideas, great work, but too experimental for AJ.

Thank you for the nice words!

I guess audiojungle keeps it quite “normal” as to appeal to a wide as possible audience? Will keep it in mind!